Talk

Advanced search

London transport museum - good for a bus mad 16mo??

(5 Posts)
BotBotticelli Sat 22-Mar-14 08:27:27

Live in the burbs and was wondering whether this museum would be a good day out for 16mo DS? Or whether he's too young?

Would appreciate feedback from anyone who has been....what's there? Is it fairly hands on or a dry and boring museum?

DS is completely mad about cars, buses, trains etc etc so I think he might love it! (Although the trip up to town on a shitty SouthEastern commuter train will probably be exciting enough for him!)

smallinthesmoke Sat 22-Mar-14 08:31:13

It is hands on. He'll love it!

thereinmadnesslies Sat 22-Mar-14 08:36:21

There are lots of buses and tube carriages to climb into or drive, and there is also a little play area by the cafe with transport themed equipment and a wooden train set.

Try to go mid week in term time if you can - weekends and school holidays are horrendously busy with school aged children so I think it might be difficult with a toddler getting pushed out of the way by older children. The good thing is that your admission fee gets you an annual pass, so if your DS likes it you can go back several times which makes it good value.

JuniperHeartwand Sat 22-Mar-14 13:21:18

It's very hands-on, but it's not free (unlike many other museums in central London) so I'd wait until he'd appreciate it a bit more. Like you said - the train ride into London and maybe a bus after that will probably be exciting enough!

HepHep Mon 24-Mar-14 11:13:05

It is free for kids with a paying adult - a ticket for you will set you back £15 but it is valid for one year so you can go again and again! For a 16mo I'd probably combine with with a visit to a playground or something if you are coming up specially.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now