Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stair gate conundrum

(5 Posts)
IndecisivePramBuyer81 Fri 21-Mar-14 11:30:55

So DS is now crawling, and we're looking at stair gates but we have a problem in that the bannister at the top of the stairs isn't actually opposite the wall the other side of the gate would attach to.

The gap is 65cm, I've ordered a stair gate adapter for downstairs, but for it to work upstairs the wall side of the gate would need to be at a slight angle.

Anyone have any ideas on this one? Am a bit stuck.

AlpacaLypse Fri 21-Mar-14 11:34:05

If it's your own place rather than rented, could you temporarily build an extra bit and screw it into place? We had various bodge jobs of MDF attached to our weird and wonderful old stairs and doorways for a couple of years.

IndecisivePramBuyer81 Fri 21-Mar-14 11:39:23

We couldn't, we're rubbish at that kind of stuff! But that's an interesting idea...and I actually have an odd job man coming this afternoon..I might ask him if he can help somehow!

KatAndKit Fri 21-Mar-14 12:03:04

Could you gate off the living room door instead? Then the baby can't get to the stairs.

IndecisivePramBuyer81 Fri 21-Mar-14 15:20:04

It's upstairs that's the issue. We have a weirdly laid out house that was two houses made into one so we'd be blocking him off in all kinds of inconvenient ways if we tried for somewhere else!

The odd job bloke is sorting for me next week grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now