Talk

Advanced search

Flash Sale Site for ethical/organic baby/children products - Interested?

(4 Posts)
oscarandolivia Wed 19-Mar-14 23:18:31

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting, so please bear with me. I am hoping to get your opinion on organic baby/childrens products ( clothes, nappies, anything that is made in a responsible way)

Now there is A LOT of flash sale sites for high end luxury items, I was wondering if there was something similar for ethical baby/childrens products, would moms' be interested? Ie a site offering say up to 50% discount on all ethical/organic products curated in one place for moms.

This is would make the price point more accessible for moms wanting to try out organic cotton, or dummies made from natural resources for example.

Its also about taking a stand in the fashion industry, that they need to change their practices as the fashion industry is one of the most resource intensive industry.

I am trying to gauge interest from moms about their perceptions of organic clothing /other ethical products and what reservations they have if any about purchasing organic clothes/related products or the flash sale concept like Zulily?

Thank you

Kind regards
Shamanth

Wiggy29 Thu 20-Mar-14 12:48:16

Watching with interest, this is something we strive for but price points often make it inaccessible and second hand (for things like dummies) not always appropriate and clothes at reasonable prices can be hard to find. We were desperate for organic bedding (including mattress) but the prices were just way beyond what we could afford/ justify.

bloob Thu 20-Mar-14 23:57:23

Interesting... I love baby and kids fashion and shop a lot at places like zuilily etc. I have 3 kids and I'm quite choosy about what brands / designs I like.

I'd definitely be interested and the flash sale concept is one i like. I'd need to be convinced of the brands etc though and that it was worth spending / buying, often I'm slightly unconvinced by the ethical / environmental claims of some of these firms, though organic etc is a concept which i definitely support I'd want lots of info.

oscarandolivia Fri 21-Mar-14 17:05:19

Thank you ladies for the feedback...I am thinking of re posting with a simple 8 question survey and offer one lucky respondent a beautiful babygrow from a Finnish organic brand. It's not only gorgeous, it's practical and made with babies in mind. I don't have something for older kids but if i happen to pick a winner with an older mom then I might offer something more relevant to them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now