Talk

Advanced search

Advice on taking a 5mo to a music festival

(6 Posts)
PeaceLillyDoge Wed 19-Mar-14 12:01:12

Hello,

We'll be taking our 5mo to a music festival this summer and I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences of what worked well/didn't work well when taking their LO's to music festivals?

We're experienced festival goers ourselves and have got a decent off roader buggy and big tent. The festival is green Man which is very family friendly.

Thanks in advance

lovesmycake Wed 19-Mar-14 12:05:20

Not necessarily festival related but camping related - we borrowed a black out tent for our travel cot when we went, and it was amazing otherwise DS would have been up at the crack of dawn !

Raxacoricofallapatorius Wed 19-Mar-14 12:10:10

Our DC have been going to festivals since the oldest was 11 weeks. Easy peasy with a baby especially if you bfeed. Just keep warm at night. Never used a pushchair though, just a sling.

UriGeller Wed 19-Mar-14 12:13:53

Best time to go when they're that age! If you're BFing you don't have to worry about bottles, or weaning or dc running off ! I loved festivals when mine were babies.

I found a sling better than a pram, you can get everywhere with a sling, with a pram you're stuck at the back of the crowd, stood waiting with it while everyone negotiates through crowds and into stalls etc. especially at Green Man which was a mud bath last time we went a few years ago. Hope you get nice weather this year!

rrreow Wed 19-Mar-14 15:11:17

Not been to a music festival but I went to a convention with a 2mo and my advice is: take a sling. Try several from a sling library before you go so you're sure it's the right one for you. Also you can pee with a baby in a sling (well, I do anyway, don't look at me funny) which is convenient.

TheScience Wed 19-Mar-14 15:16:27

We took DS1 to one when he was 12 months. Definitely take a sling, we had a Beco. We also took a bike trailer - good for carting all our stuff from the car park and we made it into a cosy bed for DS for the evenings. Make sure you take ear defenders for him too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now