Talk

Advanced search

Black out blinds for travelling

(11 Posts)
goodbyegoodbye Wed 19-Mar-14 10:39:11

Can anyone recommend some good blackout blinds to take with us on a long trip? We know we will be staying somewhere with 2 large windows but don't know the size. And we need to take the blinds on a plane.

Tia

Sparklingbrook Wed 19-Mar-14 10:42:30

Hi.
Would these be any good?

Theyaremysunshine Wed 19-Mar-14 12:38:02

Gro blinds are designed for this very purpose and are good.

Here

WhoAteAllTheCremeEggs Wed 19-Mar-14 12:42:06

in that 3 day nanny program she sprays the window with a water spray and sticks tin foil to it to make a black out effect.
So ive done that in my sons bedroom (loft room) for the short term while i wait for those velux blinds to arrive it really works.

goodbyegoodbye Wed 19-Mar-14 20:10:47

Thanks everyone! I might try the tin foil - I've heard the gro blinds let in light around the corners and I've tried theatric blackout blinds but they didn't work for me ...

toomuchtooold Thu 20-Mar-14 07:08:30

I don't rate the groblinds - like you say they let in light at the corners and also they sometimes fall off if the window gets very cold! Like cremeeggs I recommend the tinfoil and water trick. Better than anything else we've tried, and no problems with transporting it either.

Sparklingbrook Thu 20-Mar-14 07:12:43

If you are going travelling it would be a good thing if the DC slept without the blackout blinds though?

kittermum Thu 20-Mar-14 14:11:10

Agree, groblinds are a disappointment ...

NotAnotherPackedLunchBox Thu 20-Mar-14 14:13:41

We've always used cooking foil stuck to the glass with blu tak. It fits all windows and gets the room very dark, but is a bit of a pain if you want rapid daylight.

Aworryingtrend Thu 20-Mar-14 17:09:19

The Lights Out black out blinds are brilliant we use them at home and for travel. We used the gro one first at a friend's house and it was rubbish, fell down after 5 minutes.

Whereisegg Thu 20-Mar-14 17:30:20

Tin foil/roll of black sacks and blu tack smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now