Talk

Advanced search

How to prepare for dc2

(7 Posts)
Misty9 Tue 18-Mar-14 21:34:55

Any tips? Ds is 2.6yo and dc2 is due anytime in the next 3-4 weeks. I've today bought a ton of toiletries so we don't have to think about that for the next couple months, we're cloth nappying so that aspect is sorted. Ds has a load of clothes so I don't need to worry about laundry quite so often

What else could I do to prepare in the next couple weeks which will make life easier on the other side? grin

littlealien01 Tue 18-Mar-14 21:55:40

Meals in the freezer, supermarket online shop set up?

spritesoright Wed 19-Mar-14 05:01:07

Double buggy? We didn't get one and got a buggy board instead but DD1 not keen.
I also got lots of stickers and magic painting books for DD1 for when I'm breastfeeding.

imme Wed 19-Mar-14 05:17:22

Present from the baby to older sibling to give to right after birth. I also sorted out child care for my eldest which was my best decision ever. He has lots of fun at nursery whilst I am home with baby. I would not be able to provide same level of entertainment..

Theyaremysunshine Wed 19-Mar-14 06:25:50

Trial run overnight stay wherever he's going to be when you go into labour. Or if plan is for someone to come to you, ask them to stay over when you're there and get DS up in the morning without you.

I tend to go overdue, so we booked extra days at nursery to have the whole week covered for the 42nd week. Was so glad as dd arrived at 41+6 just in time to drop DS at nursery and she was born 3 hours later (v convenient baby!).

Buy lots of extra disney DVDs for you to watch together.

We told DS that the baby would be pretty boring to start with and cry a lot. This helped him a lot too.

Having 2 is wonderful. Good luck!

Meglet Wed 19-Mar-14 06:31:55

Start taping his favourite cbeebies shows so you can put them on when you're dealing with the baby / to tired to do anything else.

Misty9 Wed 19-Mar-14 20:45:56

Thanks all smile
Online shopping - check
Double buggy - check (ds is a lazy so and so!)
Present for ds from baby - check. Cozy coupe car, he's gonna love it more than the baby!
Extra nursery days are a good idea, just so difficult to predict.

For childcare we've got our closest friends lined up, or grandad to come to us. Planning a home birth and I'm hoping she'll be convenient and turn up in the night ready to say hello to ds the next morning as he blissfully sleeps through it all grin he doesn't sleep through us going to bed, so I'm a tad optimistic there!

Was thinking of doing advance cooking and freezing, but can't really think what to do for fussy ds but have got some toddler ready meals in to try blush

Any other ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now