Talk

Advanced search

High maintenance, poor sleeping 3yo, 8wks pregnant and Exhausted

(6 Posts)
Sanoie1 Tue 18-Mar-14 12:10:25

Hi, Im feeling horrendous. My Ds is 3, needs constant stimulation, and has been up several times per night for the last week, my cat is injured and on a noisy mission to escape several times per night for the last month and I'm 8 weeks pregnant with the delightful exhaustion that accompanies it.

My DH is working all hours so i can be a mostly stay at home mum (i work sundays) which is a decision we both agree on and dont regret, BUT i feel unable to ask for help from friends and family as there seems to be an unspoken judgment (perhaps my own guilt) that now DS is at nursery 2 mornings per week, i should perhaps be taking on some more work.

Any survival tips would be most welcome. Ringing DH sobbing is not fair on him ;0)

Pregnantagain7 Tue 18-Mar-14 12:21:46

Hi no advice really just wanted to sympathise, I am 9+5 with dc4 I have an 8,3 and 6 month old so I feel your pain! However I am starting to feel slightly better and hoping things are starting to get better,! The only thing i would say is that you shouldn't feel guilty about whatever you need to do to get through the day. This aft me and the three year old are watching Peter Pan with popcorn while the 6 month old sleeps! It will get better hopefully in a few weeks smile

Sanoie1 Tue 18-Mar-14 12:49:04

Oh my gawd! I feel like such a heel even complaining! How do you get any kip with 4 children??

Sanoie1 Tue 18-Mar-14 12:49:36

Sorry, 3 and 1 on the way..

Pregnantagain7 Tue 18-Mar-14 15:29:27

Errmmm honestly I'm not sure! To be fair they are all reasonably good sleepers the 3 year old was up three times last night, once for some cream on her hands?! No idea must have been dreaming,once for a cuddle, and once for a wee then up at half six thisis a bad night mostly they all sleep through. But even when they do I'm still shattered! I don think it matters how many you have tiredness is tiredness and a total killer!

I def fine pregnancy with other children much harder than the newborn days. Sorry to be the voice of doom but my god those last few weeks are a killer! So worth it the end thoughsmile

Sanoie1 Tue 18-Mar-14 20:19:48

Yes tiredness is the devil! I usually cope by mainlining coffee but obviously cant do it while pregnant!

Baby due in october so 3yo will have built up to 4-5 mornings per week at nursery by then. Hopefully that will help those last few weeks of pregnancy.

We tried for 2 years, and endured an ectopic and a miscarriage to get baby number 2. Its so great that its happening, but i remember how much i dont like actually being pregnant! Ah well, shouldnt complain at all really.

Thanks for the support

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now