Talk

Advanced search

chicken pox?

(6 Posts)
wouldbemedic Tue 18-Mar-14 12:00:15

My toddler has developed red spots over the course of the morning, about twenty in all. Firstly three on the back of her leg, then a few big ones on her bottom, the rest up her back. She's otherwise in very good form. Done the jam jar test, it disappears. What do I do??!!!

LIZS Tue 18-Mar-14 16:05:34

sounds like cp , if so you do nothing ! Is it going round locally ?

Forgettable Tue 18-Mar-14 16:23:30

You need to keep her at home, yes to going in your garden but no further til she's no longer contagious

Meds to send out for : calpol and brufen, piriton, poxclin mousse, eurax creme, E45 (keep this in the fridge, v soothing when cool)

If she gets any lesions in/ near eyes ring GP for advice

If it's not chicken pox then phew.

Margetts Tue 18-Mar-14 18:06:33

I would guess it chicken pox.
My DS didn't like calomine lotion so I used to bath him on a warm bath with I think bacarb of soda. He found this to relieve the itching much better. He had 3 or 4 baths a day, and it really helped the ones in is hair. It's worth googling to found out if its bacarb of soda or salt.
We went out for walks in woods which were deserted or the beach.

wouldbemedic Tue 18-Mar-14 18:23:35

Thank you very much for this great advice.

KatyN Tue 18-Mar-14 18:50:31

I would ring your go and see if you can get an appt to confirm it. You may need to sit outside the surgery to wait for your appt though. When my son got the pox for the second time the gp said I should have had it confirmed the first time as it's rare to get twice (unless you are under 1 the first time).
Then you can be sure when someone asks you if you's have had it!

Also once the spots came out. My chap was fine (both times) but you just need to play away from anyone who's not had it!

K

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now