Talk

Advanced search

Bad virus at the moment?

(5 Posts)
FondantFancies Sun 16-Mar-14 18:51:31

Me and DS have had a weird cold/flu-like illness for almost a couple of weeks. It features runny nose, cough/sore throat and fatigue... I keep thinking it's going then it resurfaces, and little one was v floppy/sad/sleepy today with it. It feels like an odd one, not a common cold. It almost feels like the odd kind of thing you'd pick up on holiday... it's certainly strong germs. I lose my voice by the evenings and am very wiped out.

Has anyone else had anything like this and know what it is?

valbona Sun 16-Mar-14 19:33:20

Yes! I had a horrible lingering thing in Jan that lasted a good two weeks if not more. The cough/cold bit wasn't as bad as some but the fatigue was awful. I couldn't function after 8pm and am normally a night owl.
I assumed it was some grim old virus, took a lot of Day Nurse and gritted my teeth til it went ... Children had it too. Get well soon!

ZuleikaD Mon 17-Mar-14 14:13:29

There have been loads of bugs this winter because it's been so mild. We're currently dealing with one that involves a headache and major phlegm.

Millie3030 Mon 17-Mar-14 15:18:17

My hubby, LO and I all had it...then the tummy bug arrived too erghhh!

rrreow Mon 17-Mar-14 17:39:11

Could be flu? Colds are usually mild and resolve themselves within a week or so. Flu can linger and have longer term effects (like several weeks of fatigue).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now