Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

DS (2 in May) suddenly scared of other small children.

(5 Posts)
sharond101 Wed 12-Mar-14 22:09:26

DS has started screaming and clinging on to me so tight when we meet other children. He has never done this before. We had a bit of an unpleasant encounter a week or so ago with a neighbours 3 yr old son who was prodding DS and annoying him and since then it's been awful. He won't go into the playpark if other children are there and clings to me if they come near. What should I do? He goes to a creche with other children (seemed ok there today in a familiar environment) and we go to the library for bookbug sessions as well as softplay and swimming so he is exposed to other small children.

LastingLight Thu 13-Mar-14 08:07:45

Shame, poor ds. Since he is ok at creche and other activities, I think this will pass in time.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 13-Mar-14 08:50:36

That response has arisen from fear or insecurity, does sound like DS's confidence was shaken. He looks to you for reassurance, so in spite of his reluctance, keep up those other social activities. Any chance you can arrange to go to that play area with a friend and her child of similar age so DS can feel safe in a 1:1 situation with you close by so that experience last week wears off?

Louisasb Thu 13-Mar-14 10:26:49

Dd did this too . Passing now.

sharond101 Thu 13-Mar-14 12:58:19

Thank you. I have arranged to see my Cousin this weekend who has a little one of the same age as DS, hopefully it might help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now