Talk

Advanced search

bed time rutiens

(6 Posts)
bearcubs Tue 11-Mar-14 21:17:48

Hi
this will sound stupid to most mums but is it too late to get my 6m did into a bed time rutien? she currently has story time with 3yr ds then feed and bed. I want to start sleep training but they all talk about bath time. I have always given her a bath in the morning as did not know that bath time was so important at night. (As with both dc's I have not had any maternal support and never got told to read the books).

Feel like I've messed up with both and feeling a bit thick.sad

Jaffakake Tue 11-Mar-14 21:24:04

All a bedtime routine is, is something that gives the child an understanding the bedtime is coming and helps them calm down.

We started giving ds a bath every night at 7 weeks, but tbh only because everyone else was doing it & we wondered if we were missing something obvious! It worked for us, but only because it fits our timetable and life. A bath in the morning may be the best thing for you & your family.

Go with what you think. I'm sure you're doing a cracking job x x

bearcubs Tue 11-Mar-14 21:33:07

Thanks jaffakake its really hard to believe that your doing right when its completely different from everyone else

PumpkinPie2013 Tue 11-Mar-14 21:34:57

Our bedtime routine doesn't include a bath.

DS is 15 weeks and is too tired in the evening for a bath so he has one in the morning.

Our bedtime routine starts at about 6.15pm with nappy change and getting into sleepsuit. Then milk, into sleeping bag, cuddles and into cot for 7pm. He usually gurgles to himself for 5/10 mins then goes to sleep. If he's extra tired he goes straight to sleep.

I'd do whatever works for you and your family x

JuniperTisane Tue 11-Mar-14 21:40:26

We only do baths 3 times a week due to excema. A routine is just doing the same things every night, whatever those things may be. As long as what you do signals bed at the end of them its entirely up to you how you do it. Just work through getting ready for bed - wash, nappy, pyjamas, bag, milk, story etc in the same way each night and the routine will evolve all by itself.

Oh, and the babies have never read the books either so don't worry about that! wink

bearcubs Tue 11-Mar-14 21:45:54

Thanks pumpkinpie2013 thats simular to me but she doesn't go to sleep on her own hens the sleep trinning. its good to here someone else is doing things their own way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now