Talk

Advanced search

Silly questions about bathing babies

(4 Posts)
Hotmad Tue 11-Mar-14 21:09:27

This might sound like a silly question, my DD is 3 months old and I'm a first time mum so that's my excuse smile

If you bath your baby at night do you wash or top and tail of a morning too?
Do you bath them daily?
What have you found the most easiest way at 3/4 months old?
Thank you

HugoTheHippo Tue 11-Mar-14 21:25:04

Hi Hotmad. I'm no expert, but this is what we do with 6mo DD:
Bath almost every night (occasionally skip it if she is mega tired)
We only use a gentle body wash every other day (unless she particularly needs it) because even the mildest can be very drying on a baby's skin. They don't really need a bath every night from a cleanliness point of view at that age - it's more for the bedtime routine.
We don't usually top and tail her otherwise, unless she's done a massive poo or thrown up, got food eveywhere, etc.
We bought a really simple little bath seat from Mothercare that's basically just a piece of flannel stretched over a wire frame and just fill the bath a few inches and lay her on the seat, we never bothered with a baby bath. DD loves it!

Here's the seat: bath support

DangoDays Tue 11-Mar-14 21:26:48

Top and tail ds2 everyday. Bath once a week.

GorgeousPie Tue 11-Mar-14 21:27:08

We bathe our 9mo DD every night (she's our first too so wonder if that's alright, but she seems to like it!) and have done since about 11 weeks. She gets into the bath with her dad, we find that easy and they get to spend time together. Otherwise she gets a face hand wipe as and when

:-D

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now