Talk

Advanced search

Baby under 6 months swimming pool Chester or North Wales?

(7 Posts)
HalloumiToastie Sun 09-Mar-14 11:45:51

I'd like to take my 3 month old baby swimming but I've read on various forums that the water needs to be at 32 degrees. I've contacted various pools in the area but they're all 28 degrees. Does anyone know of a pool in this area that's suitable? Thanks

RalphRecklessCardew Sun 09-Mar-14 14:01:14

32 degrees? Really? Colwyn Bay pool is lovely for babies and pretty warm. I'd be surprised if baby wasn't ok there.

hippo123 Sun 09-Mar-14 22:02:28

Never heard of that one before. Just put one of those wrap around wetsuits on them and don't expect to stay in for hours. Hotel ones can sometimes be warmer, but I really wouldn't worry.

HalloumiToastie Mon 10-Mar-14 10:58:53

Thanks, we'll try Colwyn bay with a wetsuit. Can't wait as she loves a bath.

mummyxtwo Mon 10-Mar-14 11:54:13

Chester swimming pool was fine when I took my ds1 there when he was just a few months old - we don't live in the area anymore. It was a nice pool in the leisure centre actually with a really big shallow area and a giant whale in the middle for the older children to climb on. Ds1 loved watching them. We took a small Mothercare swim ring with a seat in for him and he loved being pushed around. I seem to remember it being plenty warm enough and he didn't get cold.

RandallFloyd Mon 10-Mar-14 11:57:03

Go to Plas Madoc. Make the most of it while it's still open. The soft play area mings hard but the pool is lovely. Perfect for little ones.

Mrswellyboot Mon 10-Mar-14 12:00:07

I use a hotel pool and it isn't that warm. Started at five months. Baby will be in your arms with your body heat so I wouldn't worry (though lots of women in the changing room ask me should I bring him in)

Have a lovely time

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now