Talk

Advanced search

Baby weight

(8 Posts)
blondebaby111 Sat 08-Mar-14 09:55:31

How long did it take to lose your baby weight. I still have half a stone to lose but it just won't budge no matter what I do! I just want to be back in my jeans, at least by summer!!

Eletheomel Sat 08-Mar-14 13:43:56

I think it totally depends on every baby and every pregnancy. With DS1 I was 1.5 stones under my pre-pregnancy weight by the time he was 4 months old (he was a hard work baby and had a heft appetite!) I lived on chocolate and junk and the weight fell off me.

With DS2 (who's now 9 months) I'm still 7lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight (he's been an 'easier' baby in the sense that I've not had to pace the floor for hours every night or take him out for hour long pram walks to get him to nap). However, I'm still eating lots of chocolate and haven't been watching my diet at all.

I plan on starting diet class this monday to see if I can shift the last half stone (and ideally another half to boot).

I don't think there are any 'norms' here, it's all so individual. Have you been following a diet/exercise plan?

mumofboyo Sat 08-Mar-14 17:26:00

Everyone I know swears by Slimming World and say they've lost loads of weight without going hungry.

I've been thinking about trying it for myself but will see if I can do it myself before shelling out any money.
With ds I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight within a few weeks but then piled it all on and after 4 - 5 months I weighed 10st 10lb so I gave up all the chocolate, biscuits, crisps and other crap to lose 1st 5lb. Then I unexpectedly caught on with dd, gave up the diet and now, almost 18 months since she was born, I weigh 11st - the heaviest I've ever been. Last Monday I decided to try again to lose the weight and go down to 8 1/2st which would take me back to a size 8-10; I hope to achieve this by the start of the summer holidays.

Jollyb Sat 08-Mar-14 17:34:06

Didn't lose my baby weight after DD1. DD2 back to my pre child weight after 5 months - weight watchers and exercise. It came off amazingly quickly when I got out of the 'I can eat what I want I'm pregnant, breast feeding mentality ' . I 'm still having cake just not 2 slices a day!

Pregnantagain7 Sat 08-Mar-14 19:15:39

Another slimming world fan here! Had my third in sep have lost 2 and a half stone at slimming world so far have another stone and a half to go ( yes I put loads on!!). However found out a few weeks ago I'm pregnant again so am being as good as I can but craving salt and vinegar crisps!! smile

PumpkinPie2013 Sat 08-Mar-14 20:20:28

Looking at this thread for tips! My ds (first child) is 14 weeks and I'm a stone heavier than pre-pregnancy which isn't bad but would like to lose most if not all for his christening on Easter Sunday smile

Going to try healthy eating and not eating crap like I have been. I take him out loads so get lots of exercise.

Fingers crossed it works!

spritesoright Sun 09-Mar-14 02:01:21

Jollyb I was working under the same "I can/will eat whatever I want" whilst pregnant and gave up exercise. I was shocked to find I'd put on nealy 3 stone post baby.
Am so sick of wearing maternity jeans and the limited selection of tops I own that don't hug my belly and allow breastfeeding.
You have to be careful with dieting while bf though don't you?
Plus being exhausted just makes me want cake, chocolate and wine. Sigh.
Still I found at least a stone shifted in the first couple of weeks with no effort.

Jollyb Sun 09-Mar-14 08:54:08

Sprites - it's been ok with weight watchers as you get about 10 extra points when breast feeding. This allows you to have a treat per day. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now