Talk

Advanced search

does your 17mth still nap?

(13 Posts)
milkyman Thu 06-Mar-14 14:32:36

mine naps approx 1 - 2.30 but wonder if he might dtop it soon hmm

ThePippy Thu 06-Mar-14 14:35:16

Most children nap until sometime in their 3rd year. Some drop a lot sooner but its rare and some a lot later. My DD stopped shortly before she was 3yr and my DS is still going strong at 2.3.

Sparklysilversequins Thu 06-Mar-14 14:38:51

Ds napped till he was 3 grin.

Dd dropped her nap at 15 months sad

ThePippy Thu 06-Mar-14 15:01:09

Oh sparkly that sucks. Mind you my sister has a DD who refused naps all together from 9m!!

I was also going to say that even now at 4.7 my DD will still nap in the day if conditions are good - i.e. physical activity (like swimming) followed by lunch then a nice ride in the car - almost guaranteed nap - mind you I am in my 40's and those conditions will even lead me to have a daytime nap ;-)

MultipleMama Thu 06-Mar-14 15:35:47

DTS are 17mo and have between 1 and 2 naps depending on how well they slept during the night. They nap no longer than 1.5 hours each time.

Dd1 is nearly 3 and stopped having naps at 13mo.

Amber76 Sat 08-Mar-14 10:09:06

My almost 3 year old will still have a 2 hour nap in the afternoon as long as it hasn't been a very quiet day.

mumofboyo Sat 08-Mar-14 12:35:33

Ds stopped napping at around 2.8 I think. He still does nap if he's had a bad night or a busy day.
Dd, 1.5, still naps; in fact she's just gone back up now as I type. She slept before dinner, woke up screaming, ate some stew and has now gone back to sleep.
She still needs that sleep; she's a grumpy, teary monster without it. The thing is, as much as I like the rest and the routine of breakfast-play-snack-play-nap-play-dinner-nap-play-tea-play-bedtime hour I do sometimes feel a bit trapped by it and wish we could have a bit of spontaneity and could just go out and have tea later or dinner earlier and not have to stop for naps all the time. I remember feeling liberated when ds stopped needing the security of the routine as much and am looking forward to that same feeling when dd is the same.

MiaowTheCat Sat 08-Mar-14 18:22:25

DD1's just dropped her nap (RIP my quiet coffee time) at 22 months - she'll zonk out if you're in the car doing errands at the time naps used to fall so if she's looking tired I plan a car journey around that time of day every now and then (spurious trips to the drive thru Costa normally) but consistent napping is a thing of the past.

HelenHen Sat 08-Mar-14 22:26:57

Ds is 20 months and he naps anything from an hour and a half to 4 hours... Usually in blocks of a week! He sleeps around 11 hours every night!

Jaffakake Sat 08-Mar-14 22:31:40

Ds is 28 months & is threatening on dropping his nap. It's a bit hit & miss at the moment.

Chunderella Sun 09-Mar-14 10:43:13

DD 19 months naps for about 1.5 hours a day, often 2. But she needs it, she only gets about 9-10 hours at night. And there's no real consistency to when.

KatAndKit Sun 09-Mar-14 13:21:37

DS almost 23 months. Has a nap every day. Some days it is a quick 45 minute car or buggy nap but I try to get him at least 4 cot naps a week, he will then sleep for about 90 minutes, rarely 2 hours if he was up too early in the morning.

Aworryingtrend Sun 09-Mar-14 20:55:09

Barely! Ds is 17mo and has never had long naps, even as a newborn he just had lots of little naps. Now he has 1 a day but it can very from 40 minutes (meaning utter meltdown at bedtime) or 1hour 30 minutes when he is an absolute delight for the rest of the day. Sadly they are 40 minutes more often than not....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now