Talk

Advanced search

Waterproof cotbed sheet - what one do you use/recommend?

(8 Posts)
u32ng Thu 06-Mar-14 10:11:12

DS being sick from coughing at night. Time to protect the matress!

Been looking at mamas & papas one & the Clevvamama one, but interested to know what others use, especially as they're not overly cheap so want to get the right one. Cotton top ideally.

Artandco Thu 06-Mar-14 10:15:14

We use the hippy chick ones. We have about 8 of them. They aren't cheap but I figure we we use them for ever. As babies we used in case nappy leaked/ they were sick, as toddlers used when toilet training at night, and after that still use as figure they protect in case of accident/ if sick/ drink gets spilt etc.

lighteningmcmama Thu 06-Mar-14 10:45:03

I use pampers disposable ones. I know they're nut so great on landfill but dd is mostly in cloth so we make up for it!

Eletheomel Thu 06-Mar-14 11:54:06

We started off with hippychick, but we found that with repeated washing they shrunk and were a bit pants (despite their cost!) so we tried clevamana and found them much better (no shrinkage). So, when DS1 moved up to an adult single, we got clevamama ones for his bed.

starfishmummy Thu 06-Mar-14 12:07:58

I used the bed pad type - fabric ones from Boots - that you put on top of the normal sheet so that if it needs changing you can just change the pad and not the whole bed.
Ds.was sick a lot. We just positioned it under his head end.

UniS Thu 06-Mar-14 18:48:38

Still have a hippychick one on DS's bed. 8 years on and still going strong. We own two .
If hes ill I put a draw sheet over his bottom sheet so we have a chance of just changing that, but a waterproof sheet is under his bottom sheet all the time as a matress protector.

addictedtosugar Thu 06-Mar-14 19:22:12

Hippychick here too.
Set one from DS1 still going strong nearly 5 years later.
I didn't get the fitted ones tho - just flat ones here, and a fitted sheet over the top. Couldn't tell you if they had shrunk.
Often cheaper on amazon than in other places.

u32ng Fri 07-Mar-14 18:30:38

Ok thanks for all the suggestions!

Will look into the hippychick one as it seems to be the majority thumbs up.

Although I totally forgot about using pampers disposable ones in the interim - got a packet of them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now