Talk

Advanced search

Baby slings for twins?

(9 Posts)
Treecreeper Thu 06-Mar-14 06:45:42

Hi!

I've got twin girls due in June, and am looking at baby slings. Does anyone have any recommendations for slings that would work well carrying two together or one alone if needs be? I'm getting a bit lost and confused in the world of baby carrying!!

Thank you so much xx

mscorduroy Thu 06-Mar-14 06:54:33

Congratulations!
My twins are due in July. There are a couple of good Facebook groups for carrying twins. 'Twin slings' and 'tandem babywearing'.
I hope to wear them both in a stretchy (such as a moby) for the first couple of months, then move on to one on the front & one on the back. Probably using a combination of wraps and carriers such as a connecta.

Slebmum Thu 06-Mar-14 09:20:24

There is a lady on TAMBA who runs a sling library and really knowledgeable about slinging twins. I think you need to be a member to look at the message boards if you're not already.

toomuchtooold Thu 06-Mar-14 11:31:49

No recommendations for slings but loved the Weego baby carrier. My little ones lived in that thing for about the first 3 months.

Icedfinger Thu 06-Mar-14 12:47:16

If you've got a local sling library they should be able to help. You can probably get a consultation where they'll come to your home and help you. Ours only charges about £30 for this and I should think it'd be worth it for twins.

Treecreeper Thu 06-Mar-14 16:08:19

Oh fabulous! Thank you everyone.

I take it a Sling Library is somewhere I can borrow one from for a fee? I've never heard of anything like that, are there lots of other things like that around then? I'm going to have a good look for that now. I think I'll also join up with TAMBA, I've heard really good things about all their advice. I think I'm going to need all I can get!!

Thank you so much xxx

Treecreeper Thu 06-Mar-14 16:10:09

Oh fabulous! Thank you everyone.

I take it a Sling Library is somewhere I can borrow one from for a fee? I've never heard of anything like that, are there lots of other things like that around then? I'm going to have a good look for that now. I think I'll also join up with TAMBA, I've heard really good things about all their advice. I think I'm going to need all I can get!!

Thank you so much xxx

Icedfinger Thu 06-Mar-14 20:21:50

Yep, our local sling library is £15 per year then you can borrow slings for a month. They can be expensive to buy so it's worth having a look.

Treecreeper Thu 06-Mar-14 21:25:00

Thanks! I've found one in Birmingham I reckon I will be able to get to.

So happy I came on here to ask you all!

Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now