Talk

Advanced search

has anyone got this kiddicare branded car seat?

(9 Posts)
lighteningmcmama Thu 06-Mar-14 00:20:14

this one

We need a spare car seat and I like this one because ds is soon to be ok to go into a high back booster and it converts. So we can use it as normal now then in a few months time convert it, rather than get a high back as well in a few months time. But I can't see Any reviews of its use specifically as a high back booster. Does anyone have any views?

lighteningmcmama Thu 06-Mar-14 10:41:13

Bump

Rosieliveson Thu 06-Mar-14 10:50:12

I don't have that exact model but do have a kiddiecare one for younger babies which I great.
I was a bit uncertain as it was so much cheaper than the rest but it's great quality and baby seems very comfy and safe in it.

talktotheface Thu 06-Mar-14 11:05:55

I have the very same one and it's fab. A real bargain, although the fitting instructions were quite hard to follow - I ended up improvising slightly but it is still very secure.

TheScience Thu 06-Mar-14 11:11:28

My parents have that one in their car for 3.5 year old DS1 as a HBB - it's fine, seems to position the seatbelt well on him.

It's very easy to use as a HBB but the instructions for installing it to use with the harness weren't easy to follow - however I found a video that made it much clearer - www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPJiIAR4Bkk

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Thu 06-Mar-14 11:17:19

Yes! I have two of the very same one and I love them grin.

I bought one as a spare seat to keep in DH's car, because it was too much faff to constantly remove the heavy old Britax one from my car every time my bloody car was in the garage DD needed to travel in DH's car.

I loved it so much I threw away the Britax and got a second one for my car!

There seemed to be some reviews saying that it was tricky to fit (as the posters above have said) - to be perfectly honest, it was a complete piece of piss compared to the Britax! It does come with instructions although they are pictorial so not all that useful. All I did was look at the "finished" picture to see where the bits of seatbelt are supposed to end up, look at the seat, look at the seatbelt & work it out. It wasn't difficult TBH.

BaileysOnRocks Thu 06-Mar-14 11:18:43

Check 'which' website. A lot of the car seats that I was considering were 'don't buy' on crash tests on their website. Even some expensive big brands.

Sirzy Thu 06-Mar-14 11:19:05

DS (4.5) has been in one if them for about 18 months, will eventually become his hbb. Had no issues with it

lighteningmcmama Thu 06-Mar-14 12:01:46

Thanks all, I think we'll go for it then.which didn't include this one in their tests. But I'm assuming if it's on sale in the UK it'll have passed all the legal safety requirements.

We actually have one of these at the gps already but it's never been used as a hbb, and I really wanted to hear other parents views on that.many thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now