Talk

Advanced search

World Book Day - mouse costume - any connection!?

(13 Posts)
RebeccaJames Wed 05-Mar-14 13:22:43

DS1 is supposed to dress up tomorrow but my costume idea has gone wrong. They want traditional tales and the letter gave a list of the books they'd read this term. The Elves and the Shoemaker was on the list and I was happy as we have a lovely elf costume, but this morning DS1 told me they didn't read it - so the elf costume is out!

Neighbour has lovely mouse costume but I am wracking my brains to think of a book DS1 will have heard of that has a mouse in it...

Any ideas?!

TheOneAndOnlyAlpha Wed 05-Mar-14 13:23:32

The town mouse and the country mouse?

drspouse Wed 05-Mar-14 13:25:02

Gruffalo! DS calls it "mouse mouse". I was going to go with that till I found tiger ears.

everydayaschoolday Wed 05-Mar-14 13:25:24

Gruffalo has a mouse

glenthebattleostrich Wed 05-Mar-14 13:25:25

The town mouse and the country mouse?

The mouse from the grufallo (not a traditional tale but a modern classic)

everydayaschoolday Wed 05-Mar-14 13:25:39

x-post!

Impatientismymiddlename Wed 05-Mar-14 13:27:28

The male mouse from Angelina ballerina?

Tex111 Wed 05-Mar-14 13:27:51

The little mouse in Goodnight Moon? DS & DD's favourite part of that book was finding the mouse in each picture.

RebeccaJames Wed 05-Mar-14 13:31:08

OMG! Of course, Gruffalo! Not traditional tale but all the kids will know it so DS1 should be happy. I assumed the school said "traditional" to avoid a slew of little Spider-Mans so hopefully Gruffalo should be OK!

Maybe I'll tell the teacher it's from the Grimm mouse tale to keep her happy and DS1 can tell the other children the Gruffalo :-).

crispsarenotoneofyour5aday Wed 05-Mar-14 13:34:12

Stuart Little?
Reepicheep (Prince Caspian/Voyage of the Dawntreader)?
Percy the Park Keeper stories generally have mice somewhere in them
Kipper's Christmas Eve
Two Bad Mice? (Beatrix Potter)?
The Mouse and the Motor Cycle?

youbethemummylion Wed 05-Mar-14 13:38:57

Three blind mice

LJBanana Wed 05-Mar-14 13:39:46

The door mouse in Alice in Wonderland?

drspouse Wed 05-Mar-14 14:25:30

Gruffalo has definitely reached the heights of Classic even if it's not yet Traditional.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now