Talk

Advanced search

my relationship has changed with my parents since i had my daughter

(2 Posts)
scarlett22 Tue 04-Mar-14 19:11:45

Hi has anyone else had the same problem or experience the same and can give me some advise?
About 6 months ago i gave birth to my beautiful baby daughter and before she was born i was very close to both my parents and i amalso there only child but since my daughter was born it feels like they dont want to talk to me anymore because it feels like there obessed with my daughter. I know it prob sounds like im jealous but it really isnt that at all i just feel luke im being ignored when i go round

Aworryingtrend Tue 04-Mar-14 19:35:03

I do know what you mean. I felt like this a bit in the weeks after DS was born. He was the first grandchild on both sides and when ever family visited or we visited them we may have been invisible as they only had eyes for ds! I tried to tell myself that I would rather that than them not take an interest in him,which is true, but it did hurt that they never even ask how I was, and I had had a caeasearen!

A couple of times I did make a few 'pointed comments' aftee they had been cooing at Ds for an hour without acknowledging me such as 'yes, im alright too, thanks for asking! ' or if I went out somewhere or did something my mum would say oh I didn't know you were going out and I would say well you didn't ask!

To be honest though now hes running walking Im just glad to sit down with a cuppa while thry entertain him grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now