Talk

Advanced search

ow ow ow. finished breastfeeding

(8 Posts)
Melonbreath Tue 04-Mar-14 08:40:48

I stopped feeding just over a week ago and oh the pain! I didn't think my body would react like this as I was only doing night feeds, but it feels so bruised as though I've been punched.
and this morning there are some little lumps.
Has anyone else had this?
I've tried massaging in hot showers but it isn't easing. Should I try cabbage leaves or is that really one of the sillier old wives tales?

mrsspagbol Tue 04-Mar-14 10:11:00

Oh noooo you are scaring me I need/want to stop but I am too scared!

Cabbage leaves do work i have been told.

Can you try express a teeny bit?

haggardolebat Tue 04-Mar-14 17:14:19

oh dear, I remember the pain like it was yesterday even though it was over a year ago.

Cabbage leaves, and paracetamol. that's all I did.

Don't use hot water bottles or warm compress.. I let down and prolonged the pain. Cold compress is also a bad idea!

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Tue 04-Mar-14 17:34:15

Has to be Savoy cabbage but peel the leaves off and stick them in the freezer. It's amazing! Also if you can express some, it will take the edge of the pain and you can express less and less and the supply will stop.

MJP1 Tue 04-Mar-14 19:49:36

It was awful I was so sore and uncomfortable I used cabbage leaves, pain killers and sudafed tablets as I read that it dried the milk up, it was a good few weeks I think till I forgot about the pain.

Sending hugs xx

Chunderella Tue 04-Mar-14 20:50:26

I found cabbage useful when my milk came in, by which time I'd stopped bf. Still hurt, but the savoy soothed it a bit. It's worth a go. Good luck.

Melonbreath Wed 05-Mar-14 07:24:06

It seems to be a little better today

IfAtFirstUDontSucceed Wed 05-Mar-14 22:40:20

Oh no, I wasn't expecting any pain unless I went cold turkey.

I have been giving DS bottles now for the past few weeks and have only BF'd him a handful of times since then. The last time was on Sunday.

My boobs have been pretty deflated since he was about 7mo (he's almost 11mo now).

Is there still a chance that they'll start hurting?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now