Talk

Advanced search

14 month old seems to have stopped eating!

(4 Posts)
BriocheBriocheBrioche Mon 03-Mar-14 17:28:06

Hello,
Just looking for some advice as my 14m old dd seems to be on some kind of hunger strike!

Up until now she has had a mixture of puree and BLW and eaten everything and anything. She has always been enthusiastic about food and although she is small, generally has a great appetite.

She has been a under the weather for a little while now, had a bout of gastro, recovered and then got a stinking cold and has been waking up in the night due to coughing. Understandably she has been off her food but now she is back on top form she is refusing everything bar weetabix, yoghurt and fruit puree and will only take a bottle before bed.

I'm at a bit of a loss as what to do - I don't want to force feed her and put her off food forever but equally I need to get some goodness in her and she can't really afford to loose any weight.

WWYD?

Thanks in advance

BriocheBriocheBrioche Mon 03-Mar-14 20:45:24

Bump

MJP1 Mon 03-Mar-14 21:44:01

Same here my 1 year old isn't eating much too since being ill with a chest infection, I'm trying to keep being positive and offering meals but it's hard isn't it, thankfully she is drinking her prescribed formula (she has cmpa). I hope it gets easier.

ianleeder Mon 03-Mar-14 23:13:48

Relax, she's just recovered from her virus so her appetite will slowly come back.. Keep offering different type of foods so she can trust food again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now