Talk

Advanced search

Baby screaming/crying is upsetting my pussy

(2 Posts)
weeblueberry Mon 03-Mar-14 14:54:28

Yep. The cat is getting seriously seriously upset every time DD cries. They both are but the male has started mounting the female and biting her every time DD lets out a screech or cry. Because the wee one is starting to toddle about and is finding her voice this happens a lot hmm

They're house cats so it's not like they can even bugger off outside when she's having a fit. I'm not sure how to soothe the cats when this happens or if it's something they'll get over? I'm obviously getting increasingly upset at the thought of them getting stressed out. We've tried the Feliway thing but it didn't make a difference. sad

sleepyhead Mon 03-Mar-14 14:57:10

Is there a space that's all theirs and dd isn't allowed? A bedroom or similar that they can escape to when they want a bit of quiet?

Mind you, we thought when we moved that dear cat would take advantage of the extra space to keep out of ds2's way, but she still wants to be in the same room as us and just glowers at him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now