Talk

Advanced search

chicken pox

(4 Posts)
Hadagutsful Mon 03-Mar-14 13:36:02

My children have been exposed to the chicken pox virus but aren't showing any symptoms. I know they'd be contagious before the spots develop. Do I just have to keep them inside/away from groups of people for a few days to see if the virus rears its head? We're already stir crazy. It also seems overkill to miss nursery but double standards if we go to nursery but not anywhere else...

wwyd?

ThePippy Mon 03-Mar-14 13:56:16

I'd live life as normal until you know and then follow keep them home while the spots (if they get any) are weeping or if they are feeling unwell. My DD had CP when she was 2.5 and was acting like there was something wrong before the spots showed, but at that age they are constantly fighting off this that and the other so she still went to nursery.

MorrisZapp Mon 03-Mar-14 13:57:53

I'd carry on with a full normal life until your kid gets ill or develops spots.

MolotovCocktail Mon 03-Mar-14 14:01:34

You have to just carry on until they show signs of it (temperature, rash, which first looks like blemishes before rapidly multiplying then turning into blisters).

Dd1 (4yo at the time) was exposed first time in September. It went around the class but she didn't come down with it 'til late December. I don't know how she managed to hold out for so long!
I couldn't possibly have kept her home since that first exposure, iyswim?

Dd2 (21mo at the time) on the other hand, got it around 3w after her Dsis.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now