Talk

Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook

Find out more

Choosing Godparents

(4 Posts)
happytwinmummy Mon 03-Mar-14 12:20:45

We thought we had Godparents sorted but two of the people we had chosen (a couple) have recently separated. Things are currently a little awkward between us all as we try to remain supportive to both. We have no idea how things will go with the different friendships and do not want any awkwardness at our twins' Christening but do want Godparents who will always be there for our children. We haven't asked anyone yet and don't know what to do!! What do people think?

mustardtomango Mon 03-Mar-14 14:27:19

I guess it depends on why you chose them... Do they each have a quality /closeness to you that made you choose them? If it was mainly one you thought of, and the partner was just a kind of add on, then I think I'd just ask that person. Perhaps wait a little, if possible, so it doesn't look reactionary to their break up

happytwinmummy Mon 03-Mar-14 15:33:38

The four of us have been very close - they introduced us but since they split it is becoming harder and harder to be close to both. I think you're right; wait a bit!!

mustardtomango Mon 03-Mar-14 16:16:51

Good luck, if everyone keeps the twins as the focus I'm sure it'll be fine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now