Talk

Advanced search

Pushchair straps too short for 6.5 month old!

(8 Posts)
HelgatheHairy Mon 03-Mar-14 11:07:35

I feel terrible this morning. I have a babylo max pushchair. I didn't know anything about it when we bought it, it was a great deal and seemed suitable so went with it. Now I know that the straps being too short is a common complaint.

This morning changing DD I realised she had little bruises on both thighs when the straps were too tight on Friday. It was cold and raining when I was putting her in the pushchair and I was trying to hurry and just didn't realise.

What do I do now? Is there any company that does harness extenders?

MiaowTheCat Mon 03-Mar-14 11:50:28

If it's got the D hooks at the side you could just get some baby reins and clip them into the hooks instead of using the harness

HelgatheHairy Mon 03-Mar-14 13:01:23

I'll have a look later. Surely though a pushchair that's supposed to be suitable until 3 shouldn't be too small at 6.5 months?!

Dwerf Mon 03-Mar-14 13:05:52

Sounds stupid and I don't mean to patronise you if you've already looked, but are the straps fully extended? There's no extra hiding below the seat all ?

HelgatheHairy Mon 03-Mar-14 13:34:34

The straps are definately fully extended because I noticed they were a bit short a little while ago so I extended everything I could at the time. They're actually a bit loose on her body but too tight on her legs.

Not at all patronising don't worry!

LooeyLou Tue 04-Mar-14 09:53:31

Id get onto the company to complain, what a pain for you!

Sparkeleigh Tue 04-Mar-14 20:50:56

I had the same problem with a Britax pram and emailed them to complain. They sent me out strap extenders for free since it appeared to be a common problem, so it's definitely worth a try contacting them.

HelgatheHairy Tue 04-Mar-14 21:05:40

DH attacked the pushchair last night and it's slightly better but won't last much longer. Will contact the company.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now