Talk

Advanced search

Odd comment from age 5 DS2

(3 Posts)
RebeccaJames Sun 02-Mar-14 21:28:31

Tonight DS2 told me that he doesn't like PE anymore, which he always has liked before. I asked why and he said "I don't like people seeing my bare" and he pointed along his whole body.

I found this really odd but it was getting late and I decided not to question him at that stage. We had already chowed over several other worries (his dad being away for 2 weeks and someone having laughed at the pants he was wearing as an emergency a few weeks ago).

I want to revisit the comment tomorrow but unsure how to proceed. I am feeling very anxious generally so not sure if I'm worrying over nothing but why might a sunny, happy five-year-old very suddenly worry about that?

LooeyLou Sun 02-Mar-14 22:07:40

Could one of the other children have said something that upset him which he's worried about?

BookABooSue Sun 02-Mar-14 22:47:49

I'd guess one of the other children has said something. Ds came home one day and was upset because someone had said he was wearing a t-shirt not a vest (his vest had sleeves!). Children can make remarks about anything and if your ds is sensitive (like mine) then it can turn into an issue. I'd have a little chat with him tomorrow when I was getting his PE stuff ready and just ask why he wasn't happy. Maybe someone teased him. Maybe he spotted something on his body that was different from his friends (eg a freckle). My ds always becomes very body conscious when it's 'health week' at school as they spend a lot of time focusing on food, eating, body shape, etc. Try not to worry thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now