Advanced search

What's for lunch today? Take inspiration from Mumsnetters' tried-and-tested recipes in our Top Bananas! cookbook - now under £10

Find out more

Outdoor clothing recommendations

(13 Posts)
Theyaremysunshine Sun 02-Mar-14 08:59:10

Any recommendations for wet weather gear?

My nearly 4 year old has previously had Togz which are great but don't have elasticated bottoms to the trousers so tend to ride up over his wellies.

I've been looking at Muddy Puddles, but they look very wide in the leg. And Polarn but wondering if its really worth the extra money.

It's for general outdoor play, muddy streams, park, rather than hiking all day.

Ideally something flexible and breathable, waterproof and wind proof.

meringuesnowflakes33 Sun 02-Mar-14 09:19:17

Polarn O Pyret is great. Try and get it in the John Lewis sales. Also check out the Cozy Mole website.

ikeaismylocal Sun 02-Mar-14 11:31:54

Polarn o pyret are good but no better than other Swedish kids outdoor clothing. We have a Polarn o pyret rain outfit and snow outfit for 14 month old ds and a cheaper brand snow outfit and I actually prefer our cheaper brand snow outfit.

AlpacaLypse Sun 02-Mar-14 11:34:40

I liked Muddy Puddles because, being wide in the leg, they were very easy to pull on over clothes and boots.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 02-Mar-14 11:39:41

Spotty Otter

Theyaremysunshine Sun 02-Mar-14 13:21:33

Thanks all, will have a look at all those mentioned.

Bumpsadaisie Sun 02-Mar-14 14:27:46

JoJo Maman bebe waterproofs are fantastic. You can get either fleece lined or non fleece lines waterproof dungarees. Less pricey than spotty otter but still great quality.

Mumsfret Sun 02-Mar-14 14:29:09

Love the Spotty Otter stuff. Kids love it too.

Theyaremysunshine Sun 02-Mar-14 14:57:14

Have to say the spotty otter stuff looks great.

LeoAarons Tue 10-Feb-15 15:19:28

We've bought from these guys before and can vouch for their quality and service. A nice company ethos too.

LIZS Tue 10-Feb-15 15:21:35

H&m , littletrekkers, decathlon

GoogleyEyes Tue 10-Feb-15 15:22:36

I was a firm Muddy Puddles buyer, but then I tried out the Lidll waterproofs. For £6.99 (or something like that) they do the job brilliantly. Only problem is working out which week they are available.

TheOddity Tue 10-Feb-15 15:41:46

Seriously ask in aldi. We got some dungaree style ski trousers and jacket for 14 pounds total and they are elasticated at the bottom, proper metal clasp at waist, very warm and snow proof in a bright green. They start with age 5 but my three year old wears the trousers now just rolled up a bit and they don't fall down. Really don't need to spend more and they look very cute I promise! You may need to ask as his were in the back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now