Talk

Advanced search

My 20 month old has weird wart like spots- help

(40 Posts)
Wannabestepfordwife Sat 01-Mar-14 16:06:36

My dd 20 months had a couple of red pimple type spots break out on her lower back on Thursday.

A spot then broke out on her external vagina and in the crease of her top leg where her nappy is.

Today when I have wiped her bum she has white spots/ warts and whenever I change her nappy there seem to be more.

Has anyone else had this/know what it could be. I'm getting myself into a right panic if someone could help please

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 01-Mar-14 16:08:47

Chicken pox? Ha she had a cold recently? That's usually the first sign

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 01-Mar-14 16:09:29

Can u post a pic? Take a look on google?

Sparklingbrook Sat 01-Mar-14 16:11:36

YY sounds like Chicken Pox. How is she in general?

Onetwothreeoops Sat 01-Mar-14 16:17:00

Do they look like fluid filled blisters or thicker skin like warts?

Wannabestepfordwife Sat 01-Mar-14 16:20:51

Thank you for all the replies!

She has a bit of a temp and she's not been sleeping and she's been quite grumpy.

I would say they look more like fluid filled blisters

ilovepowerhoop Sat 01-Mar-14 16:23:30

hand foot and mouth can affect the nappy area

GirlsonFilm Sat 01-Mar-14 16:27:29

Sounds like Chicken Pox

Sparklingbrook Sat 01-Mar-14 16:32:04

Here's a pic of Chicken pox in early stages

Sparklingbrook Sat 01-Mar-14 16:32:33

temp and grumpy sounds about right too.

ilovepowerhoop Sat 01-Mar-14 16:33:09

are the spots only in the nappy area or have they spread further over her body?

Wannabestepfordwife Sat 01-Mar-14 16:39:01

Her spots look exactly like that sparkling

The spots have spread she's got a couple on her tummy, a cou

Wannabestepfordwife Sat 01-Mar-14 16:39:29

Posted too soon a cou

Wannabestepfordwife Sat 01-Mar-14 16:40:05

Dam iPhone a couple on her forehead and one near her ear

Sparklingbrook Sat 01-Mar-14 16:42:30

Does sound like CP Wanna. DS1 had it when he was two. he was covered, I was painting the calamine lotion on with a blusher brush. sad
They said it was unlikely DS2 would get it as he was about 4 months old. Then exactly two weeks later he had spots head to toe.

Has she been with children that have had CP?

mammatoaboy Sat 01-Mar-14 16:46:22

Perhaps Chicken pox, Hand foot and mouth or even a yeast nappy rash? Take her to the walk In if you're stressing x

MissMilbanke Sat 01-Mar-14 16:52:02

Tis the start of the CP season !

Wannabestepfordwife Sat 01-Mar-14 16:57:40

grin at blusher brush sparkling

Thank you all for your responses you've calmed me down I'd got into a right panic if I took her to the doctors they'd think wed done something to dd and ss would take her- I need to stop reading the mail/ netmums

Sparklingbrook Sat 01-Mar-14 20:55:53

How is she now Wanna?

Wannabestepfordwife Sun 02-Mar-14 07:08:55

We got about 2 hours sleep last night and she's broken out more especially around the creases at the top of her legs thanks for asking sparkling

HerGraciousMajTheBeardedPotato Sun 02-Mar-14 07:21:43

Sounds like chicken pox.

Calpol for the temp and grumpiness.

Calamine and Zinc cream for the nappy-area spots. You may have to ask for it at the pharmacy counter.

Calamine everywhere else. Be generous with it, turn it into a messy game for her (paintbrush - yay!).

If she's itchy, Piriton syrup may help at night.

Day times, let her have several long baths made up with bicarb, cornflour and oats. Yes, I know that sounds weird, but it really helps. Cut an 8" length of nylon tights, knot one end, put 1 cup of porridge oats in it and knot the other end. Chuck it into the bath water, together with 1/2 a cup of cornflour and 1/2 a cup of bicarbonate of soda. Swish it all together, squeeze the oats bag, let her play with it. No soap, mo bubbles. Do not let her drink the bath water, and rinse the bath oat afterwards - it will be slippery.

Wannabestepfordwife Sun 02-Mar-14 07:31:22

Thank you for the advice hergraciousmaj will give it ago and think I will get dp to get her some knickers wearing a nappy can't be comftable for her

HerGraciousMajTheBeardedPotato Sun 02-Mar-14 07:46:00

Are you sure about the knickers? You're going to have enough on your plate for the next couple of days, without having to mop up wee and poo.

HerGraciousMajTheBeardedPotato Sun 02-Mar-14 07:48:10

2 of mine were only a few months older than yours, still in nappies, masses of spots on there privates, and the nappy did not seem to be a problem.

HerGraciousMajTheBeardedPotato Sun 02-Mar-14 07:48:31

Their!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now