Talk

Advanced search

3 months play time

(6 Posts)
TuckingFablet Sat 01-Mar-14 15:43:09

what do you do/did you do with your little one to keep them occupied? I feel horrible rotating her between the bouncy seat and her play gym but I'm struggling to think of ways to interact with her at home.

Ginnytonic82 Sat 01-Mar-14 18:34:32

Peak-a-boo with different objects/noises, nursery rhymes with actions like incy wincy spider, baby massage/ stoking with different fabrics (a scarf/cuddly toy/ribbon/cotton wool) all go down well with my 4 month ds. He likes picture books too, the more colourful the better. Also going out to baby groups/swimming gives him more stimulation as does a quick walk in the park. Then I don't feel bad about him using his gym/bouncer regularly!

LadyRochford Sat 01-Mar-14 18:43:01

Just carry on with what you want to do and take baby along too. A trip round a museum in a sling, coffee and cake with friends, shopping trip, chat while you clean, a walk with the dog, all very stimulating and lots to look at. I find they mainly want to look at faces at that age so anywhere you will have company is best, whether friends or just nice shopkeepers etc.

mustardtomango Sun 02-Mar-14 07:41:00

We rotate things... Bouncer, floor mat, lounge, looking at fish, lying on bed, singing, upstairs, book, watching the cats, looking in the mirror, lying in crib watch the mobile, pulling faces at each other, walks, car rides...

Ds is 19 weeks and we spend the days rotating between every tiny interesting thing I can think of. Even changing angle keeps him entertained for a few more mins. Anything that works smile I try to remember the entire world is new and interesting to him, so it doesn't take much to enchant him

PumpkinPie2013 Sun 02-Mar-14 09:36:53

My little boy is 13 weeks and I must admit I sometimes find it hard to fill the days.

If we are at home then I rotate between his playgym, lying on a blanket while I help him play with his toys, read to him, have music on for us etc. I put him in his bouncer in the kitchen and chat to him while cooking/cleaning - he seems to like this!

At the moment we go to baby massage once a week, baby play at our local children's centre to give him different toys to play with in a different environment, I sometimes go to a baby/toddler group but not every week and I'm thinking of trying a baby sensory group.

Otherwise we go to the shops/walk in the village if it's nice.

The hardest thing for me is that none of my friends have a baby this age and they are all at work. At groups lots of mums seem to already know eachother and I live very rurally so find some days quite isolating when dh is at work. I do love being on mat leave with my little man though smile

waterrat Sun 02-Mar-14 19:59:56

I don't think you should feel you have to do anything specific to entertain a baby of that age - just carry on your normal life - I wore mine in a sling a lot at that age and went for walks/ coffees met friends

When you have a toddler you will look at friends tiny 3 month olds and wish you had not worried about entertaining them - make the most of them being portable and not able to wriggle away on cafes !

For tens on thousands of years humans would have been hunter gatherers and women would not have had extended time alone with small babies - those babies would have just been taken along while the women got on with their tasks for the day .... So don't feel bad about just doing what you want to do

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now