Talk

Advanced search

TMI early (I mean early) morning pooing

(8 Posts)
chocosaurus Fri 28-Feb-14 10:56:26

Dear all MNers

I am more a lurk and replier than a poster but I've run out of ideas and am hoping for some sensible advice and some reassurance...

my ds2 is one today (yaygrin ), but ever since he was about seven months he has not had a solid poo. In fact they are all mush and really really offensive smelling, to the point it can make me retch and I have a strong stomach (needed for work).

And to top it off the worst thing is he wakes up between 4-5 every morning to fill his nappy, and sometimes fills it twice. The only times he has slept through is when he hasnt had a poo. If hes not changed quickly his poor botty gets very red and sore. Its all very exhausting and worrying as Im sure this is not normal at this age (DS1 did nothing like this). He is still breastfed and drinks only water.

any words of advice???confused
sorry its a long post.

DearTeddyRobinson Fri 28-Feb-14 11:01:07

Hmm that sounds like an allergy to me, or rather an intolerance. Have you tried cutting out dairy/wheat? His poos sound acidic can't believe I'm analysing which is what is giving him the sore bum. Does he eat a lot of fruit?

tribpot Fri 28-Feb-14 11:03:14

Yes, I agree - it doesn't sound right. My ds couldn't tolerate oats when he was that age, and had very similar nappies. I would try excluding wheat and oats to see if that helps.

chocosaurus Fri 28-Feb-14 11:12:20

hmm I was thinking allergy but was also not sure if I was over reacting. tried to talk to DH but he was not too motivated.

Do you have aby experience cutting out wheat? It feels like its in s I many foods.

Melonbreath Fri 28-Feb-14 18:00:55

Teething? Dd has some unbelievably offensive nappies and awful rashes when teething.

tribpot Fri 28-Feb-14 18:15:53

It seems unlikely to have been consistently bad for teething, aren't the godawful nappies more episodic in that case? It seems to link more or less to when chocosaurus' ds was first on significant solids?

If you want to try eliminating wheat, the simplest way to do it is to eat stuff that isn't based on it, i.e. rice and potatoes, not pasta or bread. If you're making casseroles, have a look for the Kallo stockcubes (although I have a feeling the Knorr ones are gluten free too). What kinds of things does he like to eat?

If your DH is not motivated to help I would suggest he's not doing enough of these nappies.

DearTeddyRobinson Fri 28-Feb-14 19:33:03

You can get gluten free pasta, breadsticks etc. but I would just try to cut out one thing at a time and see if it makes a difference. Also your DH may be more motivated to act if he were sorting out a few more toxic nappies at 4am. Grr.

chocosaurus Fri 28-Feb-14 20:40:27

thank you all.
I also thought it was linked to when he started solids properly. in fairness to DH he is the one who does the night time poos, but think hes too tired to think beyond the immediate.

I will give eliminating wheat a try -thanks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now