Talk

Advanced search

flipping off changing mat

(14 Posts)
eclondon Sun 23-Feb-14 06:56:59

My 6month old loves to roll. He rolls as a form of movement which is fine most of the time but it's starting to make changing him almost impossible. He just rolls into his tummy them back to his back.

We've a cot top changer and a normal one on the ground and
he flips on both.

This morning he's done a massive poo and we ended up both covered in poo. argh!

so experienced mums and dads what advice do you have? Any tips? hints?

Mutley77 Sun 23-Feb-14 07:09:05

Mine does the same - no wise words sorry - she is my third but DC 1 and 2 were never really into rolling. All I can say is I've sold my changing table as IMO it is just too dangerous so we revert to the floor and I try to be quick!

ProphetOfDoom Sun 23-Feb-14 07:12:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

purplemurple1 Sun 23-Feb-14 07:14:51

Floor, pin the legs ans if all else fails use the shower.

Florin Sun 23-Feb-14 07:21:18

Sit on the floor with one leg pinning them down with them lying at right angle to your leg. Otherwise you could always try duct tape wink

NorthEasterlyGale Sun 23-Feb-14 08:01:50

Yep, my DS1 did this - we used the one leg pinning him down technique and stopped using a change mat (just used a muslin on the floor instead) as it gave him too much friction-free spin assistance. At 20 months he's now much better, but for the ideal change he now has to have a cushion under his head, CBEEBIES on telly and something in his hands to entertain him. Demanding little creature!

Mumof3xx Sun 23-Feb-14 08:04:36

There are some changing mats that have a harness

CrispyCrochet Sun 23-Feb-14 08:10:44

I'm with mum of 3. My travel cot (or pack in play as some people call it) came with a changing table attached & this has clips. You may get use out of the cot anyway but they can be purchased for as little as £40 and there are a lot of second hand ones available.
I'm sure eventually you LO will learn to be still.

mrsbug Sun 23-Feb-14 08:16:13

Dd is a wriggler, I have one of those wooden baby gyms from IKEA which I put over the changing mat. This sometimes distracts her for long enough to change a nappy

StillaChocoholic Sun 23-Feb-14 08:18:52

I've put my 10 month old in pull ups because he almost immediately rolls over, crawls to somewhere he can stand and stands up. I've also started giving him the nappy sack which keeps him occupied for a minute or two. Not the best thing to give but I'm there with him and it's the best thing that's worked so far.

mrsbug Sun 23-Feb-14 08:38:45

Chocoholic dd loves the baby wipes best

eclondon Sun 23-Feb-14 09:45:16

Thanks guys! ! I've got a wooden play gym so will try that as distraction but will pact the tactic to pun with my legs. worst case seems to be too but the may with the harness.

hopefully he'll grow out of it....hmm

Felyne Sun 23-Feb-14 09:51:21

We put the changing mat on the floor under a baby gym (we have the F&P rainforest one). Kept him occupied while we changed him.

HelenHen Sun 23-Feb-14 10:18:43

I can't change him on the floor cos of back problems. I have one of his drawers full of silly toys that he never plays with otherwise, even silly things like his hairbrush or a bottle of shampoo or something with childproof lid. I give him something different every time and it works. Failing that, just move quickly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now