Talk

Advanced search

my baby is obssessed with paper

(7 Posts)
sara1752 Fri 21-Feb-14 19:48:39

My ds is 6 months and completely and utterly obsessed with the stuff card, tissue, newspapers, baby wipes anything remotely like paper u get the idea

Obviously cannot let him eat the stuff and my mum gave me some fab advice... Give him stuff that looks like it but not, erm ok confused

Anyone have any ideas, help!

lockie1983 Fri 21-Feb-14 20:38:29

Ha ha. No advice but similar obsession from my little one (7 month). He has also been mobile for a few weeks so can now get to said paper when my back is turned. I took my eye off him for a second (pre moving) and next thing I knew he was over the room chomping an envelope down.

Still, helps the constipation ...

sara1752 Fri 21-Feb-14 21:05:09

Ha well glad I'm not alone drives me potty, went out for lunch today and did he want the sweet potato and carrot puree I had lovingly made for him? Oh no he wanted the napkin grin

Ellie58 Sat 22-Feb-14 21:49:25

my lo the same and he's 14 months and walking, it's a nightmare I it looks like we have mice with the amount of tiny nibbles I find in anything paper/card..

if you do find anything similar that works do let us know grin

tinyturtletim Sat 22-Feb-14 21:54:13

Both mine did this. My dd 13 months still does

if it is any consolation they do learn it doesn't taste nice and just spit the bits out

Frigintinsella Sat 22-Feb-14 22:04:28

No advice unfortunately but I can sympathise.
My DS unravelled the new toilet paper roll today and tepee-d it town the stairs, as I was rolling it back up there were chunks missing where the little bugger had been gnawing on it (I didn't realise our toilet roll looked good enough to eat)
He also likes to snatch any other bit of paper he can get hold of while biting chunks, chewing them and spitting them out. Strange child

purplemurple1 Sun 23-Feb-14 07:06:11

Would rice paper work?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now