Talk

Advanced search

Best nappies at night?

(10 Posts)
Lollypop1983 Fri 21-Feb-14 09:22:06

My DS is 10mo. I've always used cheap nappies during day, ie lids/ aldi

Lollypop1983 Fri 21-Feb-14 09:24:32

Posted way too soon.....

Anyway cheap nappies during day and pampers at night. He's just moved into size 4 and has woken up every night about 3/4 absolutely soaking. Not just wet but vest, pj and sleeping bag soaked through.

Just wonder what nappies u use at night, and any tips for clothes staying dry during night.

Could I be doing something wrong? Or is it just this size of nappy?

Tia

ExBrightonBell Fri 21-Feb-14 10:00:06

You could try the 4+ size for overnight? We do one size larger overnight for the same reason.

Lollypop1983 Fri 21-Feb-14 11:04:01

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Anyone else?

GuybrushThreepwoodMP Fri 21-Feb-14 11:20:42

Pampers Baby Dry. Never had a leak yet!

HelenHen Fri 21-Feb-14 12:41:30

I use the aldi ones day and night and never had a leak! Shop around and try them all til you find the right one cos all babies are different!

siblingrevelry Fri 21-Feb-14 12:52:05

I had the same issue with my first son, until I read something which changed my life (forgive me if you already do this-it may be obvious but wasn't to me!):

Run your finger around the inside of the nappy (where it fits the legs/thighs) and 'pull out' the inner elastic rim.

For months I had a wet baby at night because the moisture was wicking through. Occasionally I still forget and end up with soggy 2 year old (three babies later-you'd think I'd learn!).

Pampers baby dry here, used huggies with first two, so pampers the best alternative for us now huggies discontinued.

Lollypop1983 Sat 22-Feb-14 07:42:00

Jackpot!

Tried 4+ nappies and made sure eleastic was out at front. DS slept 6pm til 7am. Back to his usual! Actually checked during night to make sure he was still breathing! grin

Thanks everyone for advice!

Minnieisthedevilmouse Sat 22-Feb-14 07:50:40

Pampers baby dry

ExBrightonBell Sat 22-Feb-14 12:45:56

Glad it worked :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now