Talk

Advanced search

help .. When is the dummy fairy coming

(5 Posts)
patsypancake Thu 20-Feb-14 10:44:13

DS is 3.3 he has had a tummy since a few weeks old but hasn't had it in the day since he was around one only has it bed and naps and never outside of the house !

I was planning for the dummy fairy to come on his 3rd birthday (had a whole speech planned and everything) but I felt he had enough going on at he time with new sister and moving house and everyone was very ill at this time so I left off for a later date but I really want it gone asap I don't want to wait until he is 4 (in November ) but we just potty trained this weekend

I wondering how long i should leave it ,when the best time is and what methods other people may have used ????

notso Thu 20-Feb-14 10:58:41

Easter, leave it out for the bunny to swap for chocolate? Or is that too far away?

I am having a dummy predicament at the moment, DS2 has dummy he is 3.2, DS3 also has one he is 22 months.
I can't get rid of one without the other and they are both needed for sleep.

patsypancake Thu 20-Feb-14 11:31:30

I was thinking easter but was worried it to close to potty training ?

and what I say I just cant find the words he is very smart if he doesn't believe me he will. question me ?

hope123x Thu 20-Feb-14 17:22:01

My sister used Easter time, she told her ds the Easter bunny was taking it to give to her baby bunnys..

Cardilover Fri 21-Feb-14 09:01:00

Potty training actually helped for us - DD was so proud of being a 'big girl' and going to the toilet that she was keen to do other big girl things - like sleeping without her dummy. It wasn't completely easy, she did ask for it back a couple of times in the first week, but I think it was easier cos she'd made the initial decision to give it up herself?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now