Talk

Advanced search

Eleven month old seems starving hungry in the night...

(4 Posts)
TheCountessOlenska Thu 20-Feb-14 08:33:37

I've recently weaned him from breast to bottle except for a 4am feed, which for the last few nights he has rejected (bitten - ow sad ) and I've had to go and make up a bottle, which he guzzles down and goes back to sleep. So he now has a bedtime bottle; a midnight bottle shock and a 4am bottle. He eats three meals a day but a lot of meals i let him feed himself so not sure if enough goes in!? he also has 2 bottles before his day nap times. Does this sound like enough day food?
What do your 11-12 month olds eat/ drink?
it's also occurred to me that he'll be going onto regular cows milk next month - so i could do with getting this night feeding sorted out!!

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 20-Feb-14 12:58:02

Is he having 2 daytime bottles and 4 at night? Could you give him more formula in the day?

Shatteredmamma1 Thu 20-Feb-14 13:34:37

How much is in each bottle? My LO is the same age and has 6oz about 7am, 4-6oz about 1.30 then 8oz before bed. He likes to self feed but I also try and get a decent amount into him as he can't get enough in himself. Could you feed him too? It sounds like habit rather than need. You could try watering down one feed slowly and then stopping it once on water- then work on the other feed.
Or could your DP try settling instead??

Hth, good luck. smile

Shatteredmamma1 Thu 20-Feb-14 13:35:01

The night time feeds I mean!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now