Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know why there seems to be a Jumperoo shortage?

(19 Posts)
Smitten1981 Wed 19-Feb-14 16:18:06

I've been looking for a Jumperoo, but many of the big retailers seem to say they are currently unavailable.

Anyone know if this is for a particular reason? Am I being paranoid thinking there's a conspiracy going on? wink

Dillydollydaydream Wed 19-Feb-14 16:18:56

Are they maybe bringing out a new design?

Smitten1981 Wed 19-Feb-14 16:54:58

Possibly. Maybe I should hold off on getting one for now just in case. It is very odd, there's usually loads around.

WeAreSix Wed 19-Feb-14 17:04:07

I bought one second hand in excellent condition. I'm glad I didn't pay the ££s for a brand new one, they don't get used for long enough.

There's lots of used Jumperoos on my local selling sites, all for about £40. I bought and sold mine for the same amount.

shentok Wed 19-Feb-14 19:00:03

I got mine brand new from amazon for 50, they quite often lower the price.

LovelyWeatherForDucks Wed 19-Feb-14 19:04:15

There was similar issue this time last year when I tried to buy one! Guessing perhaps lack of stock after Christmas? I bought one second hand in the end, then sold it on again for nearly as much!

HelenHen Thu 20-Feb-14 17:40:17

We bought ours New but they're so easy to clean I'd have no hesitation recommending buying a second hand one. They often pop up on local Facebook sites for 35-40.

curious000george Thu 20-Feb-14 23:44:32

I have been thinking the same thing! We are hoping to get the Fisherprice rainforest one but it's been out of stock everywhere now for weeks (online & in store). Weird!

MiaowTheCat Fri 21-Feb-14 06:48:35

Seriously just get one second hand - they're very easily washable, they come up a LOT because they're used for a comparatively short time and are space hogs in the living room so people want rid of them fairly fast when they're outgrown.

Kiddicare had loads in physical stock in our local store just before Christmas though.

IUsedToUseMyHands Fri 21-Feb-14 07:10:59

I recommend the rainforest one by the way. We have two (one at nanna's) and the other one has hard plastic toys hanging down that boink baby on the head; and it isn't collapsible like the rainforest one for transport or storage.

AnythingNotEverything Fri 21-Feb-14 07:12:45

I agree to getting one second hand. The going rare is about £40 here too and they're so easy to clean.

My 4 month old loves hers.

curious000george Fri 21-Feb-14 10:57:41

After all that... I've just bought the rainforest one online at boots! Cheapest I've found online too £89. I'd be happy buying second hand but my OH isn't too keen!

Dillydollydaydream Fri 21-Feb-14 11:23:42

The rainforest one is lovely my dd loves hers.

curious000george Fri 21-Feb-14 12:08:49

Can't wait for it to arrive, I've heard so many good reviews about it!

Smitten1981 Fri 21-Feb-14 23:39:30

I found one on Amazon. It came today and my little one loves it! Now I'll have time to make my breakfast in the mornings. Hurrah! gringringrin

LittleBearPad Fri 21-Feb-14 23:51:58

Get a second hand one. They don't last for very long.

They take up masses of space and whilst in theory the rainforest one is collapsible it still takes up enormous amounts of room.

LittleBearPad Fri 21-Feb-14 23:52:14

In terms of use by baby I mean.

SpagBolgs Sat 22-Feb-14 00:41:53

http://www.johnlewis.com/fisher-price-rainforest-jumperoo/p231905612

dandm12 Sat 22-Feb-14 03:14:11

I hope it helps but after being a long time lurker on here I recently bought a jumperoo. Toys R Us have a Winnie the Pooh version which is currently half price at £50.
Obviously I can't compare with the rainforest one but it seemed like enough of a bargain to me. I couldn't see £50s worth of difference to justify the extra spend anyway!
Just search Winnie the Pooh jumperoo on the toys r us website (although annoyingly they're only available to buy in store)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now