Talk

Advanced search

DD keeps lying

(3 Posts)
mysister Wed 19-Feb-14 13:43:19

She's 6.don't know what to do with her!I punish her for lying,told her is better if she tells me the truth I won't punish etcx,but nothing changes.just had a talk yesterday,then today after lunch I was busy doing something then realized she was up to something.ask her what she was up to"nothing".told her if you lie we won't go to the party later,asked her a few times to give her a chance,in the end found she took some sweets and was hiding and eating them sneakily. Now we are not going to the party,but don't think it's going to change anything.she is to stay in her room till DH comes as I'm still fuming.we never lie to the kids,not even white lies,honesty is so important in our family!and she knows what she's doing,is not a case of lying because of confusing fantasy with RL...help!

mysister Wed 19-Feb-14 14:23:37

Bump

Chucklecheeks Sun 23-Feb-14 11:28:17

I can't help but just to say we are in the same situation with nearly seven year old DD. Doesn't help that I read an article years ago that said children who lie are extremely intelligent but if they are still doing it at seven they may have sociopathic tendencies!

Punishment helps but only for a while and then the lying begins again. Its not for attention it's purely to get her own way. She can be holding something and stood in front of you but will look you in the eye and deny she is holding anything.

I'm hoping someone comes along with some advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now