Talk

Advanced search

Keeping relationship alive after giving birth

(7 Posts)
littleraysofsunshine Mon 17-Feb-14 16:39:51

I gave birth almost three weeks ago, and we have a 3yo, and 20mo too.

I haven't had a lot of energy for months really! And especially for intimate things, I just have no interest where I get so tired. I feel so bad for dp as we don't get time together as it is let alone intimate time. Even stuff like cuddling on the sofa, DVD, coffee lunch, cinema. We don't get to do these things.

How can we keep our relationship a key factor with three small kids? Newborn especially.. And also I find it hard to feel like myself and sexy since having kids.. More so our third as I have Disastrous split muscles which make me feel so no sexy..yet he is flawless lol

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 17-Feb-14 16:44:40

Bloody hell, give yourself a break, you have your hands full! I doubt anyone would feel sexy in your position.

This is the hard bit but it gets easier when you both feel less tired.

Is he pressuring you?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 17-Feb-14 16:46:12

Very few people manage the cinema or lunch/coffee when they have small kids-a cuddle on the sofa possibly.

littleraysofsunshine Mon 17-Feb-14 16:51:28

No, no pressure. Just actually sweet that he wants to snuggle for example. I just always feel like something needs doing. Or child needs me. Newborn obviously. I just find it hard to wind down..

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 17-Feb-14 16:56:13

I think what you're describing is perfectly normal.

MummyLuce Mon 17-Feb-14 18:27:08

Surely once 3yo and 20 mo are in bed you can cuddle on the sofa and watch a DVD whilst newborn lies in the Moses basket next to you? xx obvs coffee and cinema are a bit harder.. But you could manage the DVD and a quickie if you were up for it right? xx

findingherfeet Mon 17-Feb-14 18:32:33

Hats off to you for even giving it consideration 3 weeks in, with two other little ones as well! You have a fortunate husband, keep talking and accept that exhaustion will put romance on hold, not forever though. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now