Talk

Advanced search

Help! Getting to sleep

(4 Posts)
Rachie1986 Mon 17-Feb-14 00:11:51

Hiya. Been fine before I'm sure but need advice.

My dd (7wks) is getting into a wide awake pattern at sleep time (10pm onwards). We've tried cuddling, feeding, rocking, self settling, Ewan etc.. She's taking hours (literally!) to settle and then waking up soon after for the next feed.

So, what do you do to get your babies to sleep in an evening? What works for you? Have you done it from the first night or started it later?

Thanks!

QTPie Mon 17-Feb-14 04:01:11

Have you tried a bath/bed time "routine".

We used to give DS a bath at about 7pm, dry, little massage, clean baby grow, big feed, grobag and bed. This used to both make him extra hungry (he was bf'd and by about 8 weeks would take a big feed and fall asleep on the breast) and make him extra tired and give him the signal "this is night/bed time".

QT

MummyLuce Mon 17-Feb-14 13:17:49

Tbh, at 7 weeks I didn't expect my baby to realise night time was sleep time. Maybe your baby isnt tired at 10pm? Mine just sort of slept on and off all day and night until about 12 weeks when she got into more of a grown up pattern of sleep/wake. I wouldn't bother trying to get regular times of sleeping or waking for another month, and then she'll probably be doing it anyway x

Mamabear12 Mon 17-Feb-14 13:47:39

Bath time routine starting 6pm, milk by 6:30pm and fast asleep by 7pm to 11pm. Dream feed and sleep until 2:30/3am and after that I'm stuck - my baby wakes a couple more times after this! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now