Talk

Advanced search

Family Wedding with 1 Year Old

(9 Posts)
JaynewithaY Sun 16-Feb-14 13:18:26

We've been invited to a family wedding in December, have been asked to book food and rooms and stuff now and as a first time Mum, I don't have a clue what sort of things DS will be doing in a year's time!

As we've all been invited to the day and night, starting at 12:00, we were thinking of booking a room to stay in even though it'd be possible for us to drive home (about an hour away), in case he will still need a nap / change of clothes / be grumpy?? Will he still be in a cot / travel cot at 1? And what will he be eating then, should we order him a meal / the same as us but mushed up? Or will we need to take puréed things / food for him?

Sorry to sound so clueless, but we're learning as we're going along! Thanks for your help.

DebbieOfMaddox Sun 16-Feb-14 13:36:24

He should be managing finger food by then; I'd book him a meal (a children's meal if they are doing them). You can always bring along extra food if it turns out at the time that he needs something different.

He'll probably still be in a travel cot, yes.

JaynewithaY Sun 16-Feb-14 15:36:04

Thanks for your help

RedPencilPot Sun 16-Feb-14 16:45:25

Great idea to book the room for naps etc.

My 13 month old will only sleep in his buggy during the day, he would scream if I put him in a cot during the day.

He's not self feeding and only eating very limited finger food- we are still mashing up food and spoon feeding.

I would order some food for him just in case!

newgirl Sun 16-Feb-14 16:51:54

If you plan to drive home you could borrow a room from family member for a nap? Mine would have dozed in a buggy if taken for a walk but would not have settled very well in a strange room at that age.

Thurlow Sun 16-Feb-14 16:54:34

I'd definitely book a room if cost isn't an issue, as not all babies will sleep in their pushchair in the corner of a disco. It'll take the stress out of things. He'll probably just eat off.your plate but take some food too in case he doesn't like it - though at 1 they're generally not too picky!

MummyLuce Sun 16-Feb-14 20:54:07

I think all babies are quite different at this age but most will be eating normal food - not mushed up and the same as the adults. Probs 1 nap a day after lunch (or just before). Yes still in a cot xx

cupoftchai Mon 17-Feb-14 21:06:43

Would it be fun to stay overnight? Because having the room and being able to put him down to sleep there (with a rota of supervisors) would be useful for the evening. He'll prob be needing to sleep by 7or 8pm at latest. He might go down in buggy in corner of dance floor but might not, all are different!
I wouldn't bother ordering meal for him but would bring his meals and snacks, he's unlikely to be hungry at the time they serve it anyway!

Coveredinweetabix Mon 17-Feb-14 21:17:53

Do you want to take your DS with you? It may be hard to imagine now as he must be very young but, if there's a relative who won't be at the wedding & who you can trust your DS with, you might enjoy a "proper" night out & night away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now