Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Please stop raining..,all I want to do is go for a walk with my baby!!

(16 Posts)
blondebaby111 Fri 14-Feb-14 14:16:34

Just a rant really!! I'm so sick of this weather...I thank my lucky stars at the moment that at least my house isn't flooded, I can't imagine the heartbreak but all I wish for is for some nice sunny days do j can take my 5 week old baby for a nice long walk with the pram....anyone else totally fed up too !!!!!

Pascha Fri 14-Feb-14 14:19:16

Ha! Cue 50 responses saying you should just dress up for the weather and go anyway. Not me though. Cant think of anything less uplifting than walking in the rain just for the sake of it.

ThursdayLast Fri 14-Feb-14 14:23:54

I agree with you. I'm v lucky that DP works from home so he took DS for a while so I could walk the dog was lovely to get a bit of fresh air.
I prefer to use a sling than pushchair, so this weather is v limiting.

blondebaby111 Fri 14-Feb-14 14:24:21

It's not that but everywhere I look the paths are just swamped with all mud, I don't want to ruin my lovely pram lol! I gave Been out with her but not nearly as much as I would like xx

Trooperslane Fri 14-Feb-14 14:26:52

I'm out every single day, rain or shine (in Scotland, usually rain)

Can you take yourself shopping for some boots/wellies and a mummy coat - aka waterproof-ish with a hood?

It's saved my sanity. Your post is making me hyperventilate. My dd is nearly impossible to get to nap at home

MultipleMama Fri 14-Feb-14 14:32:23

I use my off road stroller for weather like that. All my babies serm to love the rain they are weird children! I also use my boba under my XXL wooly poncho and stick their head out for the freshvair. I even bought on of those coats made for mama and sling. Pretty cool though you do look daft and mad in it!

I hate hot weather but I can't wait to just shove the twins in the stroller without having to put on mountains of clothes and blankets and fiddle with the bloody rain cover!

ThursdayLast Fri 14-Feb-14 14:36:48

It is the rain cover isn't it? Those things are just the worst. A necessary evil.

Pascha Fri 14-Feb-14 14:36:59

Oh yes, I went on ebay and looked for a battered old off-roader to deal with mud and stuff. Its perfect.

You could just take a trip to the library or somewhere with a hot drink available. At least you'd be under cover and out somewhere other than home. I should have done this today too, tbh.

MultipleMama Fri 14-Feb-14 14:46:18

Thursday - absolute evil they are. I swear the water just collects and waits until the moment you need to take it off where it either wets your or the baby...

Can you remember those old fold up ones that clipped on and pulled the down like hoods? All raincovers should be like that!

AmyByTheTrain Fri 14-Feb-14 15:11:58

Just adding my sympathy. I've still mostly been getting 3mo DS out with the pram, but with the raincover, it's like the whole thing is a big sail in the wind. The other day, the wind was strong enough I actually was having trouble controlling the pram, which was pretty scary. I suppose that's what I deserve for buying the lightest pram I could find.

I need to get myself sorted with a sling and hope to get to a sling library next week. Then I'll need the big coat or poncho, too.

ForgettableTampon Fri 14-Feb-14 15:15:36

och it's grim isn't it

<sends Rain Rain Go Away vibes>

Felix90 Fri 14-Feb-14 15:20:10

Yep, I'm the same. My dd is 7 weeks and we have only been out to the clinic to weigh her and nowhere else unless in the car! The weather has been rubbish ever since we brought her home. I'm sick of being stuck in the house but don't fancy going out in the wind and rain at all hmm

LiberalLibertine Fri 14-Feb-14 15:24:31

I know, when you have a new baby you need sunshine so everyone can stop and coo smile

My dog's been giving me the evils all day as I haven't taken him out, it's been coming down horizontal all day though so a crap in the garden will have to suffice until tonight when hopefully it will stop, or I send dp out in it without the children!

Ohwhatfuckeryisthis Fri 14-Feb-14 15:31:10

I've got to walk home from work, it's fucking lashing it down. I'm going to stand in the staff room and look pathetic.

MultipleMama Fri 14-Feb-14 15:34:17

LiberalLibertine - My dog is the same. He adds the guilt by carrying his lead and placing it by the back door. However you open the door to send him out for a crap, he sits there and gives you that "I am not going out in that" look. I can't win with my dog!

MultipleMama Fri 14-Feb-14 15:39:48

Luckily here in Germany the weather isn't so bad but I was kinda glad I worked from home when I lived in UK. Hope those in the warning areas are staying safe! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now