Talk

Advanced search

Toddler swimming classes

(7 Posts)
GingerDoodle Thu 13-Feb-14 20:56:23

DD is coming up 17 months - do any of you know if Waterbabies (or similar) are suitable or have we left it too late for them? If yes, are there more suitable classes?

Ta!

ForgettableTampon Thu 13-Feb-14 22:03:30

wracking my brains (my sprogs are teens) IIRC the classes go sort of aloing the lines of: Water Babies/Ducklings/Pre school/Real lessons

Ring your local council leisure centre

Mycatistoosexy Thu 13-Feb-14 22:08:35

Oh I was wondering the exact same thing! My DS is 19 months. Watching with interest

starlight1234 Thu 13-Feb-14 22:12:06

Waterbabies needs to be started before 12 months but ring your local lesuire centre they may do some toddle classes

TheScience Thu 13-Feb-14 22:14:13

What is it you're wanting to get out of the classes?

Most council leisure centres will do parent and child group classes with songs, games etc. A lot cheaper than Waterbabies or private classes too.

Generally they don't start "learning to swim" type classes til 3 years though.

GingerDoodle Fri 14-Feb-14 07:49:06

Hi all. I'm specifically looking for classes at the weekend which seem to be few and far between! I'll give my local pool a call this morning to see tho! I'd like her to learn the safety aspects water babies seem to teach.

GingerDoodle Sat 15-Feb-14 13:41:04

In case anyone is interested - I spoke to Waterbabies and they assured me the class they and for me is a toddler class so we start tomorrow smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now