Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for a party for 4 boys for a 4th birthday

(7 Posts)
Snappyteabread Thu 13-Feb-14 11:07:07

Wasn't sure where to post this....
Any ideas? Preferably something cheap and cheerful. 4 boys from nursery, don't know the parents. Will be first time we have invited any of ds's friends from nursery to a party. Thoughts? Likely to be in July but weather in our neck of the woods very unpredictable so could be hail, rain or shine.

cuppachai Thu 13-Feb-14 11:09:15

What are they into? Characters etc? I LOVE planning parties and have done a few at home for my DS. Would be happy to share ideas smile

Snappyteabread Thu 13-Feb-14 11:32:57

No idea really. The usual boys stuff. Cars, dinasours and trains, but not sure if there are specific characters etc they like. It only know what ds likes, which changes often. Currently he's into monsters inc., Richard scarry books, toy story.

ilovepowerhoop Thu 13-Feb-14 11:40:06

could you visit a softplay or go bowling, etc - dont necessarily have to do the party package as you could go for food afterwards either out or back at your house.

Do you mean a party in your house or at a venue?

BlueChampagne Thu 13-Feb-14 13:45:41

DS2 had a dinosaur party for his 4th birthday (at home). Made dinosaur masks (Yellow Moon), Dino table cloth & paper plates etc (everythingdinosaur.co.uk I think) and games - pass the parcel (dino-related prize), Musical (dino) statues, sleeping dinos, you get the gist!

Snappyteabread Thu 13-Feb-14 15:18:06

One to having something in the house, or Atari a venue but just don't want to end up spending a fortune. I know things have moved on, but I only had one big party when I was 5, it was in the house with party games. Simple. Once I got to about 11 I was allowed to invite a few friends over for a video and pizza or similar. Still can't get my head round the whole pay for a huge soft play party for the privilege of sub standard food and drinks thing. I know we could do an activity with joust a few people so might go down that road. Alos thought about setting up the front room as a cinema and doing a picnic for them all to share, as well as proposer boys running around play time. Still a while to go, but want to get thinking cap on as I think ds will ask for a party this year.

cuppachai Tue 25-Feb-14 16:20:57

Hello again - sorry I lost this thread and had to search it out again. Something small at home is ideal for that age I think, you could organise a few little activities based on the theme of your party (say Monsters Inc) and maybe tie in your food / treats and party bags to the theme, but I really don't think you'll need to do too much as they always want to go to your DC's room and play. Perhaps put Monsters inc on in the back ground while you do some fun activities.

I did a Star Wars party for DS for his 6th Bday and we made up party games around 'Jedi Training', they all had to do stuff like knock over the targets, balance balloons on lightsabers etc, play the 'yes no' game for 'Jedi Mind tricks' stuff like that. They all got a certificate at the end. Maybe your kids could learn to be 'scarers' and do a few little games based around that and they get a medal and certificate at the end? If you only have a few kids and do it at home you can afford to make more of the little things like game prizes and party bags I think. smile

Also, Pinterest is your friend! there are some great party ideas / inspiration on there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now