Talk

Advanced search

Do I forward face DD1?

(6 Posts)
MultipleMama Thu 13-Feb-14 01:20:29

I really, really don't want to but here's the situation...

I have 6 DC, 4 are in Cybex Sironas, 1 in Cybex Pallas and DTS is still in SCBU (due home v.soon hence the rushing and dillema! --can't spell today!--).

DD1 is the oldest in the Cybex Sironas at 2.10yo, so do I buy her a RF for roughly one more year and then buy a Pallas or should I buy a Pallas now and give DTS the Sirona?

DH suggests buying a car seat for DTS.

I want her RF as long as possible, is there an option or solution I'm missing?!

Posting here as I thought I'd get more honest opinions/suggetions here.

What would you do?

purplemurple1 Thu 13-Feb-14 07:13:31

Sorry I don't know the seat makes but if you drive often and can keep dd1 rear facing until she is 4 or 25kgs ( think that's the limit) that's what I would do.

Congrats on you new babies

Artandco Thu 13-Feb-14 22:51:16

Can you put a prem baby in the sirona? I thought they were quite upright. I would get a cybex Aton for the baby for the next year or so, before putting him in the sirona

MultipleMama Fri 14-Feb-14 01:01:10

The sirona has different recline positions and he's over 5lbs. His twin is in the sirona and we've had absolutely no problems with her. We have however decided finally on a solution. DD1 will be kept in the Sirona until she needs a new one and then the Sirona will be kept for back-up. After looking and browsing online with one of the nurses we settled on the Joie Steadi for DS4 to use until he needs a new one smile

The Aton would be pointless as we'd need it to last more than a year, so we prefer something long-term or at least until DD outgrew hers. But it's sorted now smile

Artandco Fri 14-Feb-14 08:20:55

That's good, otherwise I was going to recommend the besafe izi sleep

MultipleMama Fri 14-Feb-14 13:06:51

I've heard a lot about the izi but it just doesn't long enough for our needs.

Plus we have only 4 isofix points in rows 2 & 3 so needed a seat that was either both or belt installtion smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now