Talk

Advanced search

4 week old sleeping more than usual today

(6 Posts)
CAnn88 Wed 12-Feb-14 17:48:20

For the last 4-5 days my LO has been sleeping well at night but very awake during the day, and constantly wanting to feed (5 minutes off and on all day). She's been napping here and there, but nothing solid. However, today she has spent more time sleeping than usual and has taken a few longer naps. When she has been awake she's been perfectly alert and is feeding fine. She just seems less fussy and more contented today.
Should I be worried about the extra sleepiness? I'm wondering whether it could be growth spurt time as she's been feeding so frequently and is now sleeping more? (It's worth noting that I'm pretty riddled with anxiety and am working myself up into a bit of a state)

waterrat Wed 12-Feb-14 18:10:29

Completely and utterly normal for a 4 week old to have different sleep patterns over a few weeks! Nothing to worry about try to relax ( it's hard! )

TravellingToad Wed 12-Feb-14 18:12:59

Normal. Totally.

CAnn88 Wed 12-Feb-14 18:38:09

Thank you! I know lots of people would be glad that their baby was sleeping more, but it's freaked me out!

CAnn88 Wed 12-Feb-14 19:29:48

Updating: baby woke up from a 3 hour nap, fed and was awake for about 40 mins, then went straight back to sleep. Normally she would be wide awake and fussing at this time. Should I still not worry? I don't know if there is anyone I can call for advice this late.

cogitosum Wed 12-Feb-14 19:31:21

Mine did this at exactly 5 weeks. We were at a wedding and he slept pretty much all day. I was torn between being glad and panicking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now