Talk

Advanced search

Children and junk food

(9 Posts)
Meemaw23 Wed 12-Feb-14 13:34:09

I need advice my sister has a 8 year old son and ever since he was a baby he has been fed on only Gregg's sausage rolls sometimes two for dinner every night , McDonald's happy meals and occasionally adult meals , my nephew ears nothing else apart from this for dinners and his snacks only include crisps chocolate and fizzy drinks we have on occasion got on to her about this but she just says is it your kid deal with your own !! I'm so worried about my nephew as you can tell he is overweight and un active for his age and it worries me what can I do to Help ? I never feed my kids junk unless it's a treat but my nephew won't eat anything else he makes his self sick but I just think he's been let away with telling him mum what he's eating and not eating for too long it makes me do angry but what am I going to do she says it's non of m business

lollipoppi Wed 12-Feb-14 16:29:42

Seriously!? shock
Is that all she eats too?

Obviously as an occasional treat fine, but to live off this every single day!
How old is your nephew? Does he go to school or nursery?

lollipoppi Wed 12-Feb-14 16:30:58

Oh sorry, just seen he is 8, surely when he is at school he doesn't eat crap so it's not like he won't eat anything other than sausage rolls or macdonalds!
It's complete laziness

ianleeder Wed 12-Feb-14 22:35:48

There's not much you can do really. You've told her the issue and she refused to listen. I think your sister will listen if it comes from the HV, gp or school nurse that his diet is affecting his health.. Will she take advice from your mum or any family members?

SPsMrLoverManSHABBA Wed 12-Feb-14 22:38:08

My son eats exactly the same and he is fine. I mix it up and change a McDs to a burger king now and again though

Meemaw23 Wed 12-Feb-14 22:45:49

He gets packed lunches with crisps chocolate juice and dairy lee Dunkers it's all rubbish he very chubby aswell I don't know what else to do

SPsMrLoverManSHABBA Wed 12-Feb-14 22:54:45

Dairy Lea dunkers are just cheese and are great.

nothing wrong with been chubby.

Hopefully one day he will get a subway

ianleeder Wed 12-Feb-14 22:54:56

Oh dear.. He might be fussy so he would only eat that for lunch I assume? Does he eat any home cooked meals at all?

HelenHen Thu 13-Feb-14 08:18:15

That's so sad! I just can't understand how anyone can do that to their kids! Could you ask your health visitor 'theoretically' without naming names? She might have some advice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now