Talk

Advanced search

Sing and sign classes for 0-6months

(7 Posts)
hope123x Tue 11-Feb-14 11:07:08

Thinking of classes or groups to go to with my 3 month old baby boy. Has anyone gone to a sing and sign class with a baby around the same age?? If so how did you find it? TIA

kobaybasher Tue 11-Feb-14 11:13:30

I go to a 0-1 group with my dd. we didn't go until she was 8mo, but only due to constant bf & the summer break. I wish now I'd taken her younger, there are tiny babies starting now (I talked to a mum with a 3.5week old) and its lovely to see them listening & watching.

My dd has definitely benefitted - she does signs for ducks, twinkle twinkle & waves her arms when she wants me to sing a certain song grin

SpoonfulOfJam Tue 11-Feb-14 16:28:35

Started sing and sign at 6 weeks. Still only little, but LO loves the singing and watching mummy signing.

hope123x Tue 11-Feb-14 20:10:30

Thanks for your replies! I think I might give it a go! I suppose ds will find it interesting and something different for him to do grin

Pusspuss1 Tue 11-Feb-14 20:12:32

I went along to a taster session with DS at 5 months and loved it, but it was obvious to me that he'd get more out of it if he was a few months older. I decided to leave it a term. Book up a taster and see what you think though!

mustardtomango Tue 11-Feb-14 21:48:31

Ds is 4 months and I had thought about booking a signing class too... We went along to one, but it turned out he mainly just liked the rhymes and repeated actions. I'm taking him to Rhyme time for the time being, will pick up again ob signing class when he's a little older

On the plus side, there's only a handful of signs I want to start him on, and one session, plus the baby sign cards from Amazon, mean I can intro him at home.

BigGapMum Tue 11-Feb-14 21:56:03

I took DS from 6 months. I thought it was great, with a good social aspect for both parents and babies. DS quite quickly picked up some useful signs, like milk, food/eat, drink and cold, which meant he could use to communicate his needs to me without crying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now