Talk

Advanced search

So tired

(3 Posts)
cunners1982 Tue 11-Feb-14 07:56:55

My 7 month year old has gone from sleeping from 1930 hours till 0600 hrs waking up once/ twice overnight to literally waking up all night. Every time we put him down to sleep, he's literally awake in 5 minute! The whole house is completely knacked! I thought he was maybe teething as he was unsettled when his bottom teeth came through but nowhere near like this! Any ideas what this came be? Or how to improve this? He doesn't get any nighttime feeds anymore and hasn't done for over 2 months now
Any help greatly appreciated

cunners1982 Tue 11-Feb-14 08:14:52

Forgot to say when he wakes up he wakes up screaming his head off. We've done sleep training in the passed and he was doing really well with the sleep shuffle, it was really helping him put himself back to sleep till this started a few nights ago

toomuchtooold Tue 11-Feb-14 09:04:52

Didn't want to read and run but 7 months... I can't think! OK, some of these will be a bit obvious but...

- has his room got hot/cold suddenly or is there light shining in the window that wasn't there before?

- calpol half an hour before bed in case it's teething?

- tried giving him some milk when he wakes after 5 mins? Could be a growth spurt. One of ours (21 months can you believe) got up for milk 20 mins after going to bed for like a month, then shot up in height, and has stopped it again.

- when's his last nap of the day? Between 7 and 9 months about, some of them start having trouble going to sleep for the night if they've had a nap after 4pm

Hope you get some better ideas from other people!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now