Talk

Advanced search

Being a twit and stressing about 8-week jabs

(8 Posts)
RebeccaJames Mon 10-Feb-14 18:40:05

DS is 9 weeks tomorrow and has his 8-weeks check and jabs tomorrow.

I know I'll feel anxious as the jabs are administered but am more worried about side effects afterwards. Especially if he is subdued and glassy-eyed as I know that can happen.

How did your DCs react to it? Any advice? Should I Calpol beforehand?

LittleBearPad Mon 10-Feb-14 18:41:56

Dd was absolutely fine. Honestly. She wasn't best pleased when the needles went in but the nurse told me to sing her a song. I think this helped me more than DD.

Didn't give calpol as she didn't need anything.

It will be ok.

SmallBee Mon 10-Feb-14 19:53:21

My DD was fine too. She cried horribly for about a minute but the moment I popped her clothes back on she burped and then everything was right with her world again. No calpol needed either.
You might find it hard to see them in pain but it is only brief and at this age they'll forget right away.
Good luck!

elvislives2012 Mon 10-Feb-14 19:58:36

You're not a twit! Just take it easy and see what happens. If they need calpol afterwards give it but wouldn't preempt it. I found it made my DD sleep for longer that night!!
She was fine, cried but easily consoled! Good luck grin

PortofinoRevisited Mon 10-Feb-14 20:00:53

I think it is worse for the parent to be honest. Mine was absolutely fine.

noblegiraffe Mon 10-Feb-14 20:03:36

Don't give calpol unless baby seems feverish/distressed as given pre-emptively it can affect how effective the jab is.

RalphRecklessCardew Mon 10-Feb-14 20:35:02

DS was fine.

RubyrooUK Mon 10-Feb-14 21:18:14

DS1 and DS2 both got slight fevers. Felt overly warm, gave one dose of calpol in each case.

Both were fine. DS1 was a bit fussy that evening but he was a fussy baby so it could have been unrelated. Not sure DS2 even noticed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now